Chapter 4

"This is gospel for the fallen ones

Locked away in permanent slumber

Assembling their philosophies

From pieces of broken memories

Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart

The gnashing teeth and criminal tongues conspire against the odds

But they haven't seen the best of us yet"

-The is Gospel: Panic! At the Disco

December 2007

Age 12

The manticore froze. For a moment no one moved. There was only the swirl of snow and wind from the helicopter blades.

"No" Dr Thorn said. "It cannot be——"

His sentence was cut short when something shot past Percy like a streak of moonlight. A glowing silver arrow sprouted from Dr Thorns shoulder.

He staggered back. "Curse you!" Thorn cried. He unleashed his spikes dozens of them at once, into the woods where the arrow had come from, but just as fast, silvery arrows shit back in reply.

It was at that moment I realized what was happening. I mentally groaned. It was the Hunters of Artemis.

The manticore pulled the arrow out of his shoulder with a howl of pain. His breathing was heavy. Percy tried attacking him but soon got swatted away.

Then the archers came from the woods with all their glory.

"The Hunters!" Annabeth cried.

Percy looked very confused. "Oh wonderful." Thalia said I felt that. I never liked the group of immortal girls thinking they were better than everyone else. Then one of the older archers came forward.

"Permission to kill my lady?" She asked. I know she was talking about the manticore but I bet she also ment Percy he's really annoying.

The monster wailed. "This is not fair! Direct interference! It is against the Ancient Laws."

"Not so" another girl said. She looked about the same age as me but there's no way she actually is. She looked such like a stupid show off.

"The hunting of all wild beasts is within my sphere. And you, foul creature, are a wild beast." She looked at the oldest girl with the silver circlet. "Zoë, permission granted."

The manticore growled. "If I cannot have these alive, I shall have them dead!" He lunged at Thalia and Percy, knowing they were weak and dazed. "No.'" Annabeth yelled, and she charged at the monster.

But Annabeth leaped onto the monster's back and drove her knife into his mane. The manticore howled, turning in circles with his tail flailing as Annabeth hung on for dear life.

"Fire!" Zoe ordered.

"No!" Percy and I screamed. But the Hunters let their arrows fly.

The first caught the manticore in the neck. Another hit his chest. The manticore staggered backward, wailing, "This is not the end, Huntress! You shall pay!" And before anyone could react, the monster, with Annabeth still on his back, leaped over the cliff and tumbled into the darkness. "Annabeth!" Percy yelled.

I just felt numb. Percy then ran after her, but our enemies weren't done with us. There was a snap-snap snap from the helicopter—the sound of gunfire. Most of the Hunters scattered as tiny holes appeared in the snow at their feet, but the girl with auburn hair just looked up calmly at the helicopter.

"Mortals," she announced, "are not allowed to witness my hunt." She thrust out her hand, and the helicopter exploded into dust—no, not dust. The black metal dissolved into a flock of birds—ravens, which scattered into the night. The Hunters advanced on us.

The one called Zoe stopped short when she saw Thalia and I.

"You," she said with distaste.

"Zoe Nightshade." Thalia's voice trembled with anger.

"Perfect timing, as usual." Zoe scanned the rest of us. "Five half-bloods and a satyr, my lady." "Yes," the younger girl said.

"Some of Chiron's campers, I see."

"Annabeth!" Percy yelled. "You have to let us save her!" The auburn-haired girl turned toward Percy.

"I'm sorry, Percy Jackson, but your friend is beyond help." Percy tried to get to his feet, but a couple of the girls held him down. "You are in no condition to be hurling yourself off cliffs," the auburn-haired girl said.

"Let me go!" Percy demanded. "Who do you think you are?" Zoe stepped forward as if to smack Percy.

"No," the other girl ordered. "I sense no disrespect, Zoe. He is simply distraught. He does not understand." The young girl looked at him, her eyes colder and brighter than the winter moon.

"I am Artemis," she said. "Goddess of the Hunt."

It was then I realized Annie was gone I might never see her again all I have left is Thalia but if Bianca and Nico really are my siblings then maybe my family is closer than I thought

A/N

Yay im not dead! And I know this one is very short. I have been busy but I decided to update because I felt like it. And today when i was looking at the analytics I saw that someone from Australia has read my fanfic if that's you shout out to you! Hope you enjoyed

-Reese <3

Counting Stars -  Avengers x Percy Jackson Crossover Series: Book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara