19 • He's gone

You watched him die, there he was lying there lifeless in front of you. 

"This is a dream, no this can't be real." You started to panic as the tears were heavily flowing down your cheeks. You could hear Thor screaming behind you but that didn't distract you from Loki. Your heart had been ripped in half and no one could fix this pain. Jane helped Thor stand and steady himself and then she made her way to you. She wrapped her arms around your emotionally drained body and pulled you into a hug. 

"We need to go." She whispered in your ear, you nodded in response as she helped you over to a small cave. You looked at him one last time. You had just left him, you all had. He was frosted over blue and his features started to fade the further you walked away. Your heart stung with sadness and guilt. If you had paid attention you could have saved him but, you didn't.

"He's gonna unleash it, not just on Asgard or on a star, Malekith is gonna destroy everything." Jane suddenly spoke up. 

"How? Jane, how?" Thor questioned. 

"I saw him on Earth. Why would he go to Earth?"

"The Convergence." You spoke up trying to avoid the pain in your heart.

"Oh, God. None of this would have happened if I hadn't found the Aether." Jane looked as if she was on the verge of tears.

"Then Malekith would have only possessed it that much sooner," Thor reassured her.

"I only found it because I was looking for you." 

"Jane." Thor moved closer to her and cupped her face as he looked into her eyes, meanwhile you stood watching the couple with a confused look on your face. The tears were drying now but the pain was still there and seeing Thor and Jane didn't exactly help. 

"Excuse me, Romeo and Juliet, I don't know if you two know but Malekeith is heading to earth, we don't exactly have the time to have a wedding right now!" You snapped at the couple causing the two to break apart as you rolled your eyes. 

"It doesn't matter anyway! Now we're trapped here." Jane yelled back at you. You just gave her a glare as she turned her back to you and started to walk through the cave. The three of you were flooded with a silence that was until Janes phone started to ring. 

"It's not me." Thor looked between you and Jane. 

"Nor me." You replied. Jane suddenly looked down and realised it was her phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Jane, it's Richard."

"Richard?! Where are you?"

"I'm still in the office. It's...It's been a crazy day here today." Jane put the phone on speaker so you and Thor could listen in. 

"Oh, my God! This is amazing." She smiled. 

"Is it? I quite enjoyed our lunch despite never actually ordering anything."

"How the hell are you getting service in here?" You walked closer to her. 

"I don't know!" She beamed a smile attempting to work out what was going on.

"Is this a bad time? Do you want me to try you there?"

"No, no, no, no! Please, whatever you do, do not hang up the phone." 

"Okay then. I was just wondering if you want to try again? Uh...maybe dinner next time."

"Uh...yeah, yeah, yeah. Um...just stay on the phone, okay?"

"Yeah, I will." 

"Oh my God." Jane bends down and finds the keys that were thrown when they were in the abandoned factory.