Chapter 1: Is This Old Man Joking?

"Oh my god!" I scream, throwing back my blanket and leaping to the other side of the room.

The door bursts open revealing my Dad. "What is it!? What's wrong!?"

I point at the ceiling over my head.

"S-spider!" I screech out pushing myself further into the corner.

Dad looked at my like I was insane before relaxing. "That's why you screamed?" he chuckled.

"A spider is a perfectly good reason to scream. They are terrifying and gross and just yuck!" I shiver at the thought of there creepy long legs moving around. 

I watch him get a glass from the bathroom, some cardboard and remove the beast from my ceiling before walking out of the room. I sigh in relief since I'm safe again.

I sprawl out on my bed once again closing my eyes. I'm so tired.  Thank god it's summer.

A minute later dad returns. He sits at the end of the bed and I sit up, crossing my legs and facing him. "Is there something wrong?" I ask.

I watch curiously as he begins to fidget with his hands. "Lia, I have some really important and exciting news. But before I tell you you must promise me you won't get angry" He says not making eye contact with me.

"I promise", I narrow my eyes at him. 

"A few months ago I started going out with a woman and I have decided to marry her", he rushes out.

I sit still shocked. Is this old man joking? "Your only telling me about her now?"

"Yes. Now look, she's a wonderful woman and she makes me very happy. You will love her I promise. Please don't be mad, you promised" he begs.

I can't help but laugh at how worried he's getting. "I'm not angry dad. I'm just a bit shocked really. But also very excited." I smile.

He sighs out of relief," That's good to hear. She will be coming over tonight for dinner with her sons and-"

"Wait her sons?" I cut him of.

"Yes, Lia, her sons" he chuckles, "They'll be here at 6 so be ready" he says before leaving and closing the door behind me. 

Sons!? I'm gonna have step brothers!? Oh god they better either be little kids or in college cos I am not putting up with male teenagers. I had to put up with Xavier while he went through puberty. It was awful.

I'm still excited about having a step mom tho.

I hear a small whimper from the other side of my bedroom door and clawing. I shuffle over to the door and open it letting Levi into the room. He races in and onto the bed. I quickly close the door before jumping on my bed with him. He lays down beside me as i begin to stroke his fur. How can he be so soft? It's what I imagine a cloud to be like.

Dad said they would be here at 6 so that gives me a couple of hours to relax before I get ready.

                                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm currently sitting on my bed petting Levi while I wait for our guests to arrive. Excitement and nerves fill me as I begin to think about silly thing. Like what if they don't like me? Do I look okay? Will they judge me? And the worst of all, what if dad leaves me for them? It's silly I know but I can't help but wonder.

"Lia, they are here!" I hear from downstairs.

I sigh before standing up and looking at myself in the mirror one more time. I have my hair down naturally straight, no makeup cos I don't like that stuff and a simple dark blue skater dress. I paired it with a pair of black high top converse. What can I say, I like to be comfortable.

 What can I say, I like to be comfortable

(Lia's dress)

I blow a kiss to Levi before leaving my room, making sure my bedroom door is slightly open in case he wants to leave, and making my way downstairs. 
I can hear talking coming from the dining room as I get closer. I take a deep breath before opening the door and entering the room.

I immediately notice how there are quit a few strangers in this room. All being male except one.

You see, I was expecting two, maybe three boys since dad had said "sons". I was NOT expecting 8! And holy shizzel are they handsome. Oh god what am I saying? I sound like one of those cliche girls from one of those Wattpad stories where-

"Lia could you please stop zoning out and introduce yourself?" dad chuckled cutting me of.

What I said next I am not proud of, but can you really judge me? I was not expecting this.

"Why the frick are there 8 god like looking dudes in our dining room?"

~~~~

Uh.... hey.

Look I warned you that it would be cringey and all!

Let me introduce myself. Hi! I am the author of this story (obviously) and I hoped you enjoyed this extremely short chapter. If you didn't then just leave. Cos I'm writing what I wanna write. Obviously I will still read the comment and might even add stuff that you peeps want but if I don't wanna I won't. 

Damn I sound like a beeotch. A bossy one at that. Sorry.

Anyway I don't feel comfortable telling you all my real name but it start with C so I guess I'll go by that. 

Hi, the names C. You come here often?

......

As you can tell I'm really weird.This is my first book so I'm still learning. Feel free to correct any spelling mistakes or anything like that. I hope you don't die from being tickled the wrong way (damn that sounds weird/creepy) while reading this book.

Bye!

-C