Chapter 2: Reed, table for eleven.

The room is silent as I stare at the strange guys in the room.

It takes me a second to realize that I really shouldn't have said that. I feel the heat rising to my cheeks as my gaze drops down to the floor.

"Well that's one way to meet your soon-to-be stepsister," a deep voice says.

I look up to see that one of the handsome guys had made his way over to me and was now only a foot or two away from me.

"Hello, Ophelia. My name is Lucas," he says, reaching his hand out for me to shake.

"Hi," I mumble, shaking his hand. I wasn't surprised he knew my name honestly. There mom probably told them. I could still feel the heat in my cheeks so I only looked at him for a moment before returning my gaze back to the floor.

"Well then," dad chuckles slightly," why don't we go out for dinner now?"

I quickly walked out of the room and out to my dad's car. God that was embarrassing! I really need to start thinking before I speak.

But bro, they are extremely good looking. How do people like that even exist?

Dad unlocks the car and I jump in the back hiding before everyone has even left the house. Dad get's in the driver's side while the woman from inside get's in the passenger's door. I already know that she's the woman that dad is marrying because it's sort of obvious. She turns around in her seat and looks at me while dad starts the car and begins driving to the restaurant. I guess her sons took the car they came here in.

"Hi there. I'm Jane," she says with a smile," I didn't get to introduce myself inside because well you know," she laughs.

I blush and smile shyly," Uh ye, sorry about that. I have a habit of speaking before I think," I tell her rubbing my neck," I'm Ophelia but call me Lia".

Jane smiles before turning back around. She seems nice. She's really pretty too. She has mid length brown hair and brown eyes. She's wearing navy suit pants and jacket with a nice white flowy spaghetti strap shirt under it. She has a good taste in clothes.

The car suddenly stops. Damn Daniel, that was fast.

I hop out of the car and look at the entrance. As soon as I looked at it I immediately knew it was really fancy. I didn't understand the name of it because the sign was written in Italian it looks like.

Three really nice looking cars pull up beside ours and out steps Jane's eight handsome sons. Imagine having eight sons? It must have been difficult.

We make our way into the restaurant, me glued to dad's side. As soon as we step inside I feel uncomfortable and out of place. Everything about this place screams fancy.

Now my dad and I are not poor at all, but at the same time we aren't exactly rich either. I have never been somewhere as fancy as this. Everyone is wearing expensive suits or gorgeous dresses and here I am with my $12 skater dress that I found at this really cute little store in the middle of no where.

I glance at the others and they all look like they belong at these kinds of places. Even dad! He's wearing a fancy black suit that really suits him. The guys are also wearing suits. I feel so uncomfortable!

A woman that looks to be in her early thirties smiles at us as we walk up to her.

"Do you have a reservation, sir?" she asks.

"Yes," dad replies," Reed, table for eleven".

"Right this way please," the woman says before leading us through the restaurant.