XII.

CHAPTER TWELVE[ rebuilding! ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
[ rebuilding! ]

Snoke's ship had a communicator in it, and Asteria was able to call for Rey and Chewie to pick her up. They pulled the shuttle into the Falcon and let her climb out. Rey embraced her tightly, thanking her for coming back.

"Where is the Resistance?" She asked. The small pods were gone now.

"Crait," Rey replied. "And they need help. The First Order has landed and is attacking. They have nothing but old ships and a large door that soon will be blown apart."

"If you be the gunner, I'll fly us," Asteria offered.

"I've never—"

"Rey," she stopped her. "You'll be fine."

And that was that. Asteria sat in the pilot's seat next to Chewie and examined the Falcon. No worse for wear, she thought. Just like the last time I flew it.

When they reached Crait, she knew he was there. She felt his presence, and he was angry. They flew by the barrier of AT-AT's and through the TIE fighters firing on the rickety old Rebel ships.

"We've got to lead them away," Asteria told Chewie, who nodded in response. It wasn't difficult. As soon as they flew by, the TIE's followed. She chuckled to herself. "They still hate this ship."

She maneuvered them as best as she could— she was a good pilot— but it was Rey who really saved their skins. She shot the fighters down one by one, and was happy enough to do it.

"I like this!" Her padawan shouted from the gunning spot.

Asteria felt a strange pang in her chest, like someone had died. Luke. He was gone, she just knew it. It wasn't painful or sad, though, it was peaceful. Happy.

She soon shot down the last TIE fighter and came back up to the front of the ship. "They'll be trying to find a back way out," Asteria said. "I sense it's there, but. . ."

"There!" Rey exclaimed, pointing to where a pack of vulpices were running. Asteria landed the Falcon outside of an exit blocked with large rocks.

Asteria looked at Rey once they got off of the Falcon and smiled a little. "Being a Jedi is many things. One of them, a surprisingly large part, is lifting rocks." She gestured with her hand for Rey to try, and she did. With one hand, Rey lifted all of the rocks away from the exit to reveal the people of the Resistance waiting there.

Finn ran to embrace Rey, and three women ran fast as they could to nearly tackle their Queen.

"You kriffing—" Valda started.