XIII.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN [ one year later! ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
[ one year later! ]

A year later, Asteria and the Resistance were going strong. Though as the light grew stronger, so did the darkness. Reports came in every day of Kylo Ren out to destroy anyone who might pose a threat.

Asteria tried her best not to think about him. Though he lingered in her mind, she did her best to push him out. Their bond became easier to control, and over time she began to control it, to keep him away.

Though still, in the back of her mind, he was there.

She distracted herself most by training Rey and going out on missions, the former of which she'd been doing the most of lately. She watched Rey from afar then, the young girl trying her best to summon the Jedi of years past. She never had much luck, though. They never came to her.

That day was no different. Rey sighed and opened her eyes, doing a little flip before dropping out of the air to her feet. "They're not with me."

"Give it time," Asteria advised. "You can't rush it."

"I'm going to run the training course."

"Good luck." Then Rey was gone, disappeared into the trees. Asteria smiled a little. She'd gotten so much better the past year. Rey would be a fantastic Jedi.

Asteria was the first person to greet the smoking, burning Millennium Falcon when it landed. Poe got off first, and she gave him an exasperated, inquisitive look. "What did you do to it?"

"I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"Poe, Rey's going to—"

"—what happened to the Falcon?" Rey appeared, anger already forming on her face as she approached Poe.

"What did you do to my droid?" Poe's eyes nearly bulged out of his head and she couldn't blame him. BB-8 almost looked as bad as the Falcon.

"Now, now," Asteria said, stepping between them, "both can be repaired."

That was when the arguing began. She never could stop it. Rey and Poe argued constantly, and hardly ever stopped. It only did when Finn got off of the ship, and Rey went to him.

"Bad mood?"

"Me?"

"Him."

"Always."

Asteria chuckled as she watched Poe fuss over BB-8. "We can take him to get repaired. He'll be good as new by the morning. Come on, everybody missed you, you know."