Chapter One

I must admit something...

I did not say everything in the prologue. I still have secrets of my own, but the large secret which I carry will be uncovered quickly enough. But please keep in mind that this large secret is something which I can't control. Other than that, I guess we are in the present day. Now, what is some important thing that I am currently doing? Well, I am currently writing. But that is not totally the main focus of this story... Or at least what I am planning for this story to be.

Let me lay out an outline that I want for this story.

A story about me. Shocker, isn't it? (please notice the sarcasm.) But who knows where this story will lead (is this a hint? Maybe.)

I guess enough with this stalling. What am I currently up to?

Well, I am in my room. I guess I shall describe what my room looks like, shouldn't I?

Well, my room is a decently sized room. It's larger than the regular sized room for a nineteen-year-old. Literally the only reason why my room (and the entire house) is so large is because of my writing career... I guess it is a career. Still ain't totally used to saying that writing is my career. Enough of that, though.

The walls of my room are painted a light purple, and there is a king-sized bed next to the (rather large) window. There are two white doors on one of the walls. One of the doors leads to the bathroom, while the other leads to my walk-in closet. Don't be fooled, though. I don't have some fancy-ass closet, nor do I have a shit tone of clothes. I am like any other person.

There is a vanity alongside a regular table in my room. However, I only have one chair. On the vanity, there is a mirror and some makeup. But I don't wear makeup on a regular basis.

Did you like that short description of my room? Now if any serial killers want to come and kill me, they can simply read this chapter and they would know the layout of my room. Unless if I was completely lying about how my room looks like. But we won't get into that. Well, at least we won't get into the details.

I am writing.

What am I writing? Well, I am glad you asked. I am writing a mystery novel. And no, this is not a fan fiction about One Direction. At least not this time.

This is my own story (of course) with my own characters. I won't bore you too much with the details of my story, though. Or at least I will try not to bore you with the details.

The basic premise is about a girl who doesn't know her biological parents. She is two years older than me (if that makes any difference). However, one day, she listens to the news (as she regularly does) and she finds out that two adults are missing. They have the same last name as her and they even look like her... Well, technically she would look like them. But anyways. And then she receives a box of journals in her PO box (because apparently she is a famous blogger) and it talks about her parents and whatnot. And now she is going on a wild goose chase to try and find her parents.

Did I bore you enough with the basic premise of this story? Sorry if I did. This is basically one of the only interesting things that is happening in my life.

Did I mention that there is a storm right outside my house? It reminds me of Hamlet and the sentence "There is something rotten in the state of Denmark". I did not like that story. I thought it was rather boring and not enough action and blood and guts and gory. And that is my hot takes.

But there is a storm right outside my house. There is hardly anyone outside, simply because they do not want to get caught in the storm. Which honestly, I do not blame them.

I gotta give you some context and what I have to live through and whatnot. Thank you for coming to my TedTalks.