Chapter 1: Things Aren't Right

"Uh not this shit again," I mumble as I slam my hand down on the alarm clock, I knew it would be a bad idea to get up early, but I just had to try and work out for once. Well, guess what- it ain't happening, I changed my mind. Although now I can't even go back to sleep so i might as well enjoy my phone till I have to get ready for school.

Once enough time passes I lazily get up from my bed and look in my full body mirror. It looks like I worked at the strip club last night with my messed up hair and my panties and bra being the only things I'm actually wearing. Nothing a bunch of makeup and real clothes can't fix.

I go to the bathroom and pull out my box of makeup out from under the sink and touch up my tired face. After thirty minutes of priming myself up, I'm finished. Now if I were stripper people would actually pay me. If only they paid good around here, that'd be great.

After that whole mess, I move back out to my room and change into a red crop top, some black ripped jeans, and black sneakers. Don't worry- I'm not in my emo phase at age 18, this is just the leftovers of it. I got to hold the heritage close to my heart, it saves me money. As for my undergarments, wouldn't you just love to know.

As I head down the stairs for my nonexistent breakfast, my phone rings with my best friend's ring tone- Black and Yellow by Wiz Khalifa. "Yo, Darian, wassup?" I ask smiling. I love to hear from him, he used to be suicidal, but he's been doing really great for the past year and I am very proud of him.

It's a second before he replies, "Lillian, can I go to school with you today," he asks me shyly. He's just so cute when he's nervous. Honestly, I don't even know why he hangs out with me, I'm annoying and he's cute with a great personality. Wouldn't trade him for the world.

I let out a playful scoff, "Of course silly, there isn't a day I wouldn't. When are you going to come over?" I ask, taking a seat on the couch because I'm lazy.

"I'm already on my way!" he says, hanging up on me real fast. Well damn, there wasn't even a point in asking me if he is already on his way. It's okay though, I'll forgive him since he's just too damn cute.

Within a few minutes he walks through my front door and greets me with a tight hug. "Ready to go boo?" he asks with a smile. I nod and pick up my backpack that really only contains a water bottle filled with booze and empty papers and we are on our way.

You see, my school has such a stick up their ass about school property, such as there books, that if you even tear a little bit of a page- you have to replace it. They don't even through away the old book, they just give it to another poor soul then blame it on them when they return it. That's why this bad boy on my back is empty, I'm not going to owe this school shit, I can hardly afford to feed myself.

Our walk isn't that long and we get there fairly quick, at the front of the school we give each other a hug before we split ways. His class is in another building, newer. Mine is the old, moldy one.

I take my sweet time to get to class because there isn't anything else to do here. I haven't opened my locker all year, breakfast is cardboard, and other people are just not in my interest. Once I get to class I take a seat in the front and play on my phone till the bell rings and a little more than half of the kids are in the classes. Ah yes, senioritis, when most kids get on truancy.

My teacher enters the room in his sweatpants and takes a seat on his desk. This guy, he thinks he has a bunch of life hacks, but his favorite one is 'get on welfare kids, free money', so this is where my taxes go to. "Kay' children," insert eye roll here, "I'm not going to teach you today, thankfully, the alpha has an announcement for y'all," he says, crossing his arms. He clicks the remote in his hands and it turns on the projector to show us a prerecorded video.

The pack I belong to is the Autumn Pack. My alpha is Alpha William Fiery and he has an interesting son named Derek Fiery, weird guy. Most packs have similar fur colours because their mates are in the packs, our colours are tan and brown. I'd love to be different, but no, I'm just a solid coffee brown wolf, just about as basic as it can get.

Anyways, back to class. After long fight with the remote, my teacher finally gets it to work. "Hello my pack members, I hope you all are having a wonderful day. Today I have an important message to share from me and the general, we have arranged a trip for all high schools in the Autumn Pack to visit Security Prison Alpha-" hold up, what? My mouth gapes as I'm surprised and super confused. I have to listen to his reason because this is crazy. "-There you will be viewing all of the inmates, including the infamous Ace." My alpha has gone absolutely crazy.

Ace is murderer, I'm not even going to make jokes or memes about him. He is serious, he has statistically killed at least five wolves each of us in the pack know- and that's just what we know. What else could he be hiding? I love being curious, but going near this guy is just an absolute no. 

Outfit Mentioned: 

Hello everybody reading this! I hope you are having a great night

Hello everybody reading this! I hope you are having a great night. This authors note is to just let people know that this story is actually a rewrite of a story I wrote when I was 14 (currently 17 if you're curious). Same title, but pretty different. The last few years I've changed a fair bit and my rewritten version shows that and I like it :)