Part 1 - The Surface

Fable POV

"You can go."  I froze as Figment spoke, his voice sound harsh yet worried. I wondered why he was letting me out, although I had a clue as to why.

"Why are you letting me free? Why did you do all this in the first place..."

"...." I think I broke him— ..But.. I..I'm just confused as to everything that has happened so far.

"Figment... Why.." I was going to continue, but Figment interrupted.

"I will take you to the shore, since you cant get there on your own. And, please, don't forget to signal me somehow if anything happens..." I went silent, what was he going to do? Why does he care so much.. especially now?? I lightly pushed the worry away, seeing Figment take off the chain attached to my leg off.

"Stay safe, you hear me?" I nodded, as he signal for us to go.

Figment POV

I made sure Fable was okay before I held him lightly by his neck. I didn't want to hurt him so I went slow, eventually reaching the surface of the water while making sure Fable was still breathing from that long trek up.

"Fable.. wake up." I saw his wings twitch lightly as he lightly groaned.

"..? Figment.. what are you doing up here...?" His voice was all raspy, probably from what had previously happened.

"I need to go, I cannot stay up here for long but trust me I will come back when I can. Take care, Fable.." That was the last thing I said before diving back into the deep sea, to make sure everyone was still behaving.

Fable POV

I guess I should set up a nest.. But my wings are still tied up.. *sigh* I guess I'll have to risk it on the floor...