Part 4 - Family

Fable POV

After what happened before I have been making sure I always have a socket on my little birbs and make sure the nest is safe, worried something like that would happen again..

Figment actually has been visiting more often, I didn't even ask him. I guess he's worried about me and my little ones too. I was thinking about moving my nest closer to the shore since Figment has been coming more often, but he said it wasn't a good idea.. I guess he's right...

It has been mostly us hanging out and taking care of the little guys. It's been quite peaceful really. If anyone tried to get near me or my small guys Figment would chase off the intruders. Rarely would he leave a scratch on them.

I was walking along the shore line when I heard Figment yell my name, was he trying to warn me of something? I look behind me to see Toxin about to hit me, I barely dodge, him barely skimming my neck. I fell to the floor and felt dizzy and weak, seeing from the corner of my vision Figment swimming up to Toxin and beating the night out of him.

I had blacked out shortly after he came to my aid, and felt him hold me lightly. My whole body was numb, and I think some of the substance on what he attacked me with had rubbed onto me.

Figment POV

I was watching after Fable's little birds when looked over and saw Toxin behind Fable, ready to strike.

"F-FABLE!!" I managed to spit out as I submerged myself in the sea and swam the faster than I ever had before over to Toxin. He barely skimmed Fable's neck and he fell back, so I tackled Toxin and tried knocking him out, I would figure out what to do with this fiend later.

I went up to Fable and saw his neck starting to turn a light shade of purple where Toxin got in a hit. I'm so glad he wasn't hurt anymore badly, or could've ended horribly. I gently picked him up and carried him lightly over to his nest and set him down. I couldn't leave the chicks alone unsupervised so I had to make this quick.

I dived into the sea to find some roots that have the antidote to Toxin's stupid poison. I found a small portion of it, it was only a small wound but Toxin's poison is actually pretty strong by itself. I found some more shortly after and decided it should be enough. Worst case I would need to search for more, which wouldn't be fun but I don't have enough time to look for anymore right now.

I headed to the surface when I saw Preda. ((Predator)) on the way up. I decided to ignore them because I had better things to worry about right now.

Once I got to the surface I saw Fable still laying there, and went to make sure the 2 little ones were still behaving as well. I saw the purple one, but I couldn't find the little yellow guy anywhere– Fable is sure to hate me.. I can't even look after his little birds!

I placed the roots down and did a quick perimeter search and found no signs of them, It's like they just disappeared! I have to heal Fable soon though, can't let the poison spread.

Fable POV

My body still felt numb, and aching but I was about to open my sockets slightly, seeing Figment there out of the water. He looked pretty stressed out, but then I realized we were pretty far from shore. I tried to move but Figment held me down lightly.

"..Fig..ment...?" I was barely able to get it out, and my voice was pretty quiet.

"Glad to see you awake. Are you feeling better? The roots handled it pretty well, I think." I still felt numb and sore but I was able to move, only slightly.

"I'll be right back." And without another word, he went over and flopped into the water. How long was I out? Wait– Are my chicks okay—?! I tried looking around, even if it was hard and my neck hurt a lot. I saw the little purple one but no signs of the other. *sigh* Maybe later, when I'm feeling better...