Part 3 - Enemies

((This is going to be a pretty long part compared to the others, I just don't want to rush anything.))

Fable POV

I woke up early morning, and saw everything still in place. I'm still sad about the broken egg but I'll have to move on.. I left for a little to forage for various things like more material and some stockpile food. I need to prepare for when the eggs eventually hatch, and I want to make sure I'm prepared, even maybe a bit over-prepared.. I came back around noon, nothing had happened. Maybe I should signal Figment..? ..Although I don't really want to bother him.. But I should at least try..

Figment POV

I was going around, making sure everything was okay when I felt something, I think it was Fable.. I think he's trying to signal me.

"OKAY, I DON'T WANT ANY OF YOU MESSING AROUND WHILE I'M GONE, YOU HEAR ME?"

They all nodded, probably not wanting to deal with me right now. I got one last look at them before heading over to check on Fable.

Once I got to the shore, I saw Fable wandering around, probably looking for me.

"Fable!" He looked over at me, startled.

Fable POV

I was wandering around the shore, waiting to see if Figment would come.

"Fable!" The sudden noise startled me, I looked over to see Figment poking his head out of the water.

"Figment? Why are you here ... Did you get my signal?"

He nodded, and I walked closer to him.

"I did. What do you need? I shouldn't stay too long."

"Well.. I was wondering if you'd like to check up? Also, I want to show you something!" I skipped lightly over to the nest I made.

"You made this?" I nodded.

"Yup! And look, there's eggs!" I smiled, waiting for Figment to respond.

Figment POV

"Yup! And look, there's eggs!" I tensed slightly. Eggs? Well.. I suppose I should've expected that.. but not like this. Well, I suppose I'll live.

I looked over at the eggs in the nest Fable made. Two yellow spotted eggs and another one, an egg with purple spots sprinkled lightly on it. Honestly, I like the purple one better, but they're all great.

"Cool..."

I stayed quiet for a little, feeling myself slightly as Fable did other stuff. I felt pretty dry, I should really get back to the sea.

"Uh.. Fable... I'm sorry to cut this short but I really need to leave...." He seem pretty upset about it, even though he knows I can't stay long.

"Okay..." Fable lightly nodded and I signaled to him I was leaving, heading to the water and soaking my feet in it.

Fable POV

I watched as Figment slowly descended into the water, before looking at the eggs. It was getting somewhat dark so I decided to call it a day. I got comfortable in my little nest and fell asleep after a bit.

*~Later that year~*

I felt some movement during the night, so I woke up early to see what was wrong.