Chapter One

Sarah's Pov:

Beep beep beep! my annoying alarm chimes as I slowly roll out of bed.

Breakfast! my mom yells from downstairs. I throw on a black oversized shirt and throw my hair in a messy bun and slowly walked downstairs. When I got downstairs I see my mom setting the table.

Hi mom! I saw mid yawn. She looks up and giggles. Hi honey! I turn around and see my dad walking out of their room. He is wearing a black t-shirt and sweats.

Like father like daughter! my mother laughs. My father laughs and puts his hands on my shoulders. Oh honey! Is that Chris's shirt? I laugh and nod and sit at the table. Dad don't give me that look I know you gave mom your used shirts! My dad just smiles. After breakfast I grab my backpack and head to my last day of high school. My best friend Grayson picks me up and we drive to school.

Hey have you told your parents about your decision? Grayson asks as we get to school. I look out the window and shake my head.

No I haven't I don't know how my parents will take it. Grayson puts his hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes.

Sarah you need to tell them before graduation!

I know Gray but I am scared! He hugs me and we head to first hour together. After almost a full day of classes Grayson pulls me aside and basically screams

DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS?! I laugh while acting shocked

Oh no what is the news? Thinking this was another one of Grayson's attempts to get me to go to a play, I was putting on a fake smile until he said the words

You won the singing contest and you are singing at graduation! I jumped up and down with him and turned around to see my boyfriend walking toward me. I ran up to him and kissed him. As I was telling Chris about performing at graduation when it hit me that my parents would be there. I ran off to the bathroom and sat in the stall and cried. As I cried I heard a knock on the stall to see Ansley my friend and she hugged me and just held me. After a while we walked out and Grayson drove me home. Once I got home I swallowed hard and sat my parents down, I told them my dream was to become a professional singer and they were both very supportive of my decision. After some hugs and kisses and laughter I went over to Grayson's house to practice and as I was warming up my voice I noticed my voice go out a little bit. I just cleared my throat and kept going. I pulled into Grayson's driveway and I knocked on his door. He opened the door and handed me a glass of water to keep my vocal chords warmed up. We started working on the song for graduation and we had a lot of fun doing so. After about an hour we took a break and listened to one of his new songs we ate some pizza and he even let me sing on a track. After we finished getting the lyrics and melodies down I went home and went straight to bed.