Velociodrome

There once was a hunter that had always been trained to kill monsters. He spent many years of his life learning the weakness, strengths, and attacks of monsters. His dedication to hunting had really payed off for him. He had made many friends in all his hunts. He had learned a lot of what he knew from past experience as well as from fellow hunters. The hunter liked to hunt with others when he could but at times he also liked to hunt by himself. He didn't like to make others go on quest where he had to gather eggs or fish since those quests were not most hunters favorites. One day he went of solo to do a harvest quest to get some much needed materials. While he was gather he saw many velociprey. Later in the quest as he was about to end the quest he saw the biggest velocidrome he'd ever seen. While he was watching the velocidrome he was surprised to see that it had a spike from a nargacuga embedded in it. He couldn't help but feel a little sorry for it. Seeing as how the monster hadn't yet noticed him he went to get a closer look, as he got closer the monster finally noticed him. He was afraid that the monster was going to attack him and wasn't sure if he had enough time to pull out his weapon. Then the weirdest thing happened the monster just stared at him. The hunter was really confused by this behavior since most monsters would've attacked him since he wasn't prepared. The other strange thing was that the monster was letting him get closer which was really weird to him. Finally he ended up standing only a few feet away from the monster. It was at this point that he was really unsure what to do. Then the weirdest thing in his whole hunting career happened. The monster spoke! It said "Please pull this nargacuga spike out." He thought about it for a while and finally decided to try to pull the spike out. At first the spike didn't budge. Then finally it came out. Once this happened the monster said "Thanks." He told the monster "Your welcome." He then asked the monster if all the monsters could talk. It replied "yes." This new information surprised the hunter. He wanted to tell someone, but he knew that if he did people would think that he was crazy. The monster then told him "If ever you need my help just call my name."

Please let me know what you think and any ideas you might have for the story.