Chapter 32 - Troublesome

The next day, I told Ukyo about my plans to go out with my 'friend' to dinner. I didn't tell him that it was the stranger who'd helped me yesterday, for fear that he might not let me go. With reluctance and a very severe warning about how much trouble I'd be in if I came late again without calling, he gave me permission to go. I thanked him and promised that I'd do exactly what he told me to.

I'd had the same nightmare again, but I wasn't as shaken as last time, and was able to calm down quickly and maintain my composure at breakfast.

However, on my way to school, I began to feel tired and a tad bit dizzy. The tossing and turning and waking up early because of the nightmare sapped quite a bit of my energy. But I'd pulled a couple of all-nighters in the past that were worse than this, so I'll manage to make it through today.

I walked into my class and greeted everyone, making my way to Akito and Yoshida-kun. I yawned as placed my bag on my desk and turned to them.

"Good morning!" I greeted with a smile.

"Morning," they both replied.

"You okay? You look a little pale," Akito asked with curiousity.

"Oh, I'm fine. I just stayed up a bit late and didn't get too much sleep," I lied.

They both believed me and I joined in on their conversation about a new game Akito bought the other day.

I listened in class as attentively as I could, but I was struggling to focus and was feeling whoozy. I wrote down as many notes as I could, fighting the urge to lay my head down for a few minutes.

Luckily, I'd managed to put on a strong enough act, because not many people noticed my slight change in behaviour, and at the end of the day, I could go home without anyone questioning me.

I allowed myself a quick nap when I got home because I didn't want to meet Natsume-san in this state. I invited him and it would have been very rude for me to yawn and whatnot during dinner.

I slept for a couple of hours, and it was 6 o'clock when I awoke. I looked through my wardrobe for clothing that would fit the occasion. Though I considered it heavily, it wouldn't be a great idea to wear pants and a shirt. Most of my wardrobe was casual. I reluctantly moved to the edge of my closet, where the only two dresses I owned hung. I didn't wear dresses too often. Mainly because they were a little difficult to move around in.

The first dress was light blue with straps, and a ribbon around the waist. It was a little too frilly for my taste, so I ruled it out quicky. The other dress was a strapless peach dress that came up just above my knees. It was a layer of lace on top of another layer of the same colour material, with a belt around the waist. I actually quite liked this dress, I just never had much of an opportunity to wear it.

I pulled it on, and it was a perfect fit, which was a relief, since I'd purchased it quite a while ago. I let my hair down and clipped my fringe to the side with a flower clip. I pulled on a pair of white flats and took a step back, looking at my reflection in the mirror. I looked... Pretty. And very girly too. It actually made me feel a bit strange.

I picked up the purse I'd borrowed from Ema and double-checked it to make sure that my wallet, phone and present were inside. After confirming that they were indeed in the purse, I left my room, closing the door softly. I didn't want any of the brothers to see me right now, I was feeling very self-consious.

I removed my shoes, noting that my footsteps were quieter this way. I padded down the hallway carefully, so that no one would hear me. I just wanted to tell Ukyo I was going and leave straight away.

However, the leprechauns were frowning on me today and I heard Azusa's door, which I had just passed, open. I stopped mid-step.

"Yui?" I heard Azusa say.