**Chapter Two**

Ambran was a city that resembled the way Chicago looks but known for being the home of many legends and myths and the Howling Cliffs were no exception. The black and white marble stone formation that sat on top of a formation like that in the Jungle Book's waterfall. The maze of tunnels would confuse anybody unless you were the wolf that called this formation home. Legend said that the formation was formed as a protective labyrinth to a safe haven. But many wolves feared the myth and soon, the Cliffs came to be ignored and warned against. It was where Spiral was headed for that very reason: protection and isolation.

The town was large but a close community. And they always looked forward to a new member.

In the far country near the town was a large mansion where the resident heroes called home, a team had gathered. They were the new team of the town and they had already proven to be strong. It consisted of very few and they were simply waiting for acceptance as an official team in the League of Heroes.

Sonic smiled as he looked around the sitting room. " Awesome, everyone's here!" said the blue hedgehog hybrid.

A black hedgehog hybrid with red accents and cruel bright red eyes glared at Sonic." Yeah, Blue, we all LIVE HERE!" he snapped

A bat hybrid smiled as she crossed her legs. " Yeah, Sonic, so what's the news?"

Amy, known for her power pink coloring and hedgehog hybrid past but with an impatient on just smiled and cooed. "Let Sonniku talk..... .he's so handsome when he leads."

Sonic's cheeks flushed pink and nodded. " Anyway, um, so I got a letter from the application today and I thought we should hear," he said as he pulled up the letter.

" Get on with it, Faker," Shadow growled. " Some of us have things to do."

" We are glad to inform you that you have been accepted and will be receiving a visit from one of our representatives to officialize the papers and the home as a home and base, Sonic X. We are glad to have more brave heroes like you to protect our cities. Be safe and good luck to you. ~The President of League of Heroes~"

The entire group of members and friends erupted in cheers, except for Shadow who nodded simply as he watched from the corner of the room.

Little did they know that their lives were about to change forever.