Chapter 3: Injured...again

'Well this was going to be a long day.' (Y/N) thought to himself he was firing his weapon. He was all alone since he did something that...everyone  on the team was going to give hell for. 

Lets recap shall be.

The team had found the marking for the container, bad news...it wasn't something small...it was a big container...box and it was impossible to move and so Carolina has a spotted a window washer and pulled Maine aside, who had a new weapon. The two were...discussing...how they wanted to do things.

Carolina wanted Maine to jump off the building to counter the weight and launch the sarcophagus on the roof. 

Maine on the hand...he did not want die and was saying no. He was the muscle, but he was not suicidal to jump off a building.

Carolina was going to with plan B, which was to kick him off the building but before she could do it, (Y/N) had interrupted her.

"Hey Maine, take a step back I want to see something." Maine not knowing what was going on did so. (Y/N) walked to the edge and look at Maine.

"Well Maine it was nice knowing." (Y/N) said, before pulling his magnum and jumped holding the cord while shooting the panel.

 Maine and Carolina didn't know how to react. But they didn't have the time to react. Enemies had breach the door and the three freelancer agents went into action. 

(Y/N) had made it the bottom of building where all the cars were park and sarcophagus is on the roof.

"Note to self never do that again...but that was fun."

"Put your hands in the air." Someone shouted behind him. (Y/N) turned around and saw a couple enemy soldiers behind him.

In 3 second (Y/N) shot three rows of his magnum at the them...killing everyone before they could react.

Recap over

(Y/N) had done a good job killing the insurrectionists. While he was admiring the view he instincts told him danger...and so he did the only thing he could do. He got on a Warthog and drove off, what he didn't expect was to see York, Maine and Carolina fall into the ride.

"Are we in a car?!" York yelled as they three of them were holding on while I was driving.

(Ok so I am feeling lazy and I don't know how to proceed I am going to a time skip...)

 Angel On My Shoulder

(Y/N) slowly opened his eyes to bright lights and groaned.

"Whoa...easy there buddy."

(Y/N) looked up to where the voice was and saw it was Wash.

"Hey Wash...what happened?" (Y/N) asked.

Wash sighed and spoke. "During the mission...you and Maine were injured. You were shot twice in the chest by a sniper, not only that you manage to get back up, only to take a being...the truck that you were on crashed and you went into the ocean with Maine. The two of you barely survive." Wash said as he looked his head.

"So what to Maine, is he stable?" (Y/N) asked. He was more concern about his friend himself.

"The Doc said that he would be fine, although because he was shot in the throat 9 times he may never have the ability to speak again." Wash said.

(Y/N) moved quickly. He had to see Maine...but Wash stop him.

"Don't worry about him, he is going to be fine. Not only that you need rest."

"Wash I know you care, but I am going to be your ass if don't let me go." (Y/N) said and Wash knew he was serious.

With a heavy sigh he spoke, "Fine but I am going to you a wheel chair. I am not letting you walk only to collapse."

"Fine." Wash went to a wheel chair.

The moment he was gone (Y/N) slammed his fist into the table next to him. "Maine, I'm sorry. I failed you. I hope you can forgive me." With that he began to berate himself until Wash came back with the wheel chair.

Wash wheeled the wheel chair to the Maine's room. Once inside they saw the tank of the team sleeping. Wash wheeled (Y/N) next to Maine and left. (Y/N) would keep watch of the man for a few days, while doctors were telling to get some sleep. He was also being told that from Wash and the other who were there. But he ignored them, only sleep there, waiting for his friend to wake up.

When no one was looking (Y/N) summoned something he hadn't scene in a long time. A rook Evil Piece. With it's healing properties maybe the man could speak again... but he wasn't going to do it until he the mans permission. He would not take away his humanity, just so he could become his servant.

Timeskip 

Two weeks had gone by and Maine was awake. Soon they were cleared by the doctor return back to the Mother of Intervention.

(Y/N) and Maine had grown closer in their sparring. (Y/N) had told Maine what he was and how he could be given the ability to speak again, in theory, that is. While the big guy did think about, he chose to decline the offer and wrote out that he wanted this be a lesson and for him to work harder. Not only that he didn't talk that much anyway so it was fine, but didn't mean he wasn't going to get his revenge on the guy who shot. No that guy was going to pay big time.

Soon enough A.I. were started to be given out. The first one to receive one Carolina. She had Sigma, but Carolina feeling guilty and Maine needed to speak, she gave the A.I. to him. Maine accepted and had Sigma implanted in him.

(Y/N) though couldn't help but feel something was off what the little, A.I. but never said anything and kept that feeling to himself.

(Y/N) also requested that he had...time off from the missions, but he told told the Director, that if there was a mission the other guys couldn't do, to call him and he could take care of him.

The Director wasn't sure how to feel, but he understood. Star was injured many times and he needed some rest. While granted it had been a couple of weeks and he healed mostly, doctors were saying the man might collapse on mission sometime soon and so he approve of the time, while Maine was offered the same thing declined it. He wanted to get stronger, for when he meets the guy who took his inability to speak.

(Y/N) would be on his bed resting and began to think...where had the A.I. come from. To make on cost a lot of money. Know he heard North and York were going to one.

The answers would come in time...he just needed to be patient. The answer will come out.