The Chant of Ages

I highly recommend playing the music while reading this tale / intro.

For the tale has become a legend among the people of Vale. Dating back to the time when the Grimm just become a threat to humanity. The time where four Maidens appeared to help people and were symbols of hope for humans ever since. Among those legend and fairy tales is one where a single knight stood at the gate.

He was a young man, tall and handsome. He was a knight that belonged to an order. The Order of Sacred Rose. Behind the name of beautiful flower was a true bravery and courage displayed by all who belong to their ranks. Much like rose's thorn, they too defended the weak and delicate flower that is humanity.

The young man stood at the gate of city which held the chapel dedicated to Maidens. The Chapel of Hope. The city itself was impressive, glowing in the ever-present darkness like a beacon for all of pure heart to seek refuge there. But even so, the Grimm and their Queen did not hesitate to strike at the city and were met with bravery of mortal men and women.

The tide of darkness grew and for all it was known that the city will fall. People were loaded onto boats and knights stood in lines, ready to fall to protect the innocent from the Grimm. He said otherwise and ordered his men to go on boats along with civilians while he alone stood at the gate. The white cape flowing in the wind.

The Grimm were uncertain in the face of a mortal man who held no fear. The could feel his determination and will. He unsheathed the blade which reflected the dawn's first shy shines. After the night of relentless attack the Grimm stood back while facing a single man. The old gate was broken but a new one stood in their way.

His eyes glowing with silvery mist as he looked at his opponents and slowly he took the battle stance as beast came to their minds and rushed the single protector.

'I shall fear no evil, for I am Maidens' knight'

'I shall not falter, for I am shield of humankind'

'I shall not hesitate, for I am blade which strikes the wicked'

'I shall not run in fear, for I am wall of courage'

'I shall not bow to darkness, for I am bind by light'

'I shall not be tained by dark, for I am righteous fury'

'If I fall, may I fall in defence of the weak and may my spirit join my ancestors in halls of glory'

'May Maidens guide my blade, for I am but a man'

The silver light filled the dawn and even the darkest of shadows fled from hole light as knight stood in the last defence. For the blade which struck like thunder is said to forever echo in the nearby mountains to strike fear in all which is tained by evil.

For legends splits here, many belive that knight died defending his people. Other that he ascended to Heaven after battle to well deserved rest. Some say that he has become a Living Saint and live among people, waiting for the moment when he's needed most.

But there is a prophecy. For the time of strife shall once again befall all human and darkness will reach for their hearts. Two of which still possess the symbol of Rose shall bring back the hero of old to once again battle his nemesis and push back the darkness. For his service is eternal and all evil shall tremble before the Regent of Blade, The Dawnbringer.