The One Who Kneels

( Third Person P.o.V )

Beacon Academy

Headmaster's Office

Team RWBY stood at the desk of current headmaster, Ozpin. He looked between the girls as he started to explain their assignment. Simple scouting mission or so it would seem. They are suppose to check an abandoned city for a possible outpost for huntsmen to use in their battle against the Grimm.

After girls got their assignment their turned towards the elevator and decided to head out as fast as they can since this is their first mission and they wish to prove themselves.

Ruby : We get our first mission, guys! This is so amazing!

Yang : Yup, this is pretty exciting!

Blake : An abandoned city...

Weiss : There is many of them all across Remnant after all. Maybe some can be used to help us fight against the Grimm.

Ruby : We're gonna kick their butts!

Weiss : Don't get so excited, you dolt! It's a simple scouting mission!

Yang : Oh come on, Ice Queen, let her have her moment.

Weiss : It's best to not get distracted!

Yang : Speaking of distracted... Hey, Blake, you alright?

Blake : Yes. I've read about those cities in many books, I wonder in which one we're gonna end up at.

Meanwhile the Headmaster looked down from his officer towards the girls who headed to a landing pad. He smiled softly to himself seeing the excitment of team RWBY's leader but soon his smile faded.

Ozpin : It is time to meet your fate, Ms. Rose...

He calmed returned behind his desk to sip on his cocoa and continue on with his paperwork, yet his own doubts couldn't vanish as his wished and once again turned to look behind the glass with a sad smile. He still held the memory of the girl almost the same as her... With white cape and excited for her special mission. How bad he felt... But that had to be done.

City of Portal

Clearing

Team RWBY finally landed near the city. They could see the massive spires reaching to the sky among the mountains as water of the sea gently caressed the shore and splash against the docks. The bullhead pilot said that he'll stay here and wait for them, but in case of emergency they can use a flare gun he gave Weiss.

The team headed towards the city as they all felt strange power emanating from this place... Even trees closer to city had silver leaves instead of green or even red ones. They were all bewitched by beauty that has fallen to ruin but...

Once they got closer Ruby suddenly stopped, her team turned to look at her, however, she didn't seem to acknowledge them. Even when Yang waved her hand in front of Ruby's face. The younger girl's eyes had a silver shimmer as she started to walk towards the gate and spoke out loud which seemed to spook the rest of her team.

( Ruby P.o.V )

City of Portal