To Mend The Broken Hearts

( Third Person P.o.V )

City of Portal

Chapel

Ruby : What is going on here...?

Yang : Ruby, what is our mom doing here?

Ruby : I-I don't understand anymore... The vision, she wasn't in it or... was I her? Maybe I was another one of my ancestors?

Blake : Vision?

Ruby : You must have noticed that I was doing... weird stuff.

Weiss : That's an easy way to call talking to air...

Ruby : I was pulled into a memory of sorts. I think I was... Maiden.

Yang : Rubes, I know that this place is scary and you must have-

Ruby : Yang! I'm serious... They all looked on my like an idol. They all adored me. When I finally came to this chapel I saw and heard everything. The woman from the memory I relived... She was a Maiden and she loved him a lot...

Ruby looked at her mother's gentle smile as she held the handle of the blade just above the knight's, leaving a space for one more pair of hands. She looked at her hands and Yang quickly noticed what she wanted to do before grabbing her by the shoulders and pulling away.

Yang : No way I'm letting you touch him! What if you'll freeze up like Summer!?

Ruby : You're right, Yang. I'm sorry...

The moment the let go of Ruby she used her Semblance to leap forward and grabbed the handle of the sword.

Ruby : I can't explain it but I must do it.

Yang : Ruby!

Weiss : No, you dolt!

Blake : Ruby, wait!

But it was already too late, her hands closed around the handle and they all expect Ruby to just stand like this but... nothing happened.

Yang : Ruby... You're in serious troubles for scaring me like this.

Ruby : I don't understand! How can this not work!? Please... I want my mom back!

Ruby yelled in frustration. She wanted to know of her real past and she was just dying to save her mother. She was right in front of her, if she leaned any further she could kiss her cheek. Tears started to stream down her cheeks as she pulled on the blade and then she felt it.

Strange power run up her arms, wanting her to stay like this, where her family was but she couldn't just do that. She would fail her classmates, friends and the rest of her family if she would. She pulled against the strange force but then she understood.

The blade locked only her arms and the rest of her body was moving normally. She could notice how the blade moves in it's place in stone floor. Her teammates looked at her as she pulled the blade back with all of her might. Suddenly the stone let out a loud creak as the blade left the hole and started to slide but enchantment on Ruby's arms was gone and she was falling over.

Her team run to check on her before before anyone could a white blur was already holding the young team leader.

Ruby : Mommy...

Summer : It's okay Ruby, I'm here now.

Ruby erupted in tears, her body was constantly being moved by spasms of her crying and sobbing. She was to tell her mother how happy she is to finally have her back, to introduce her team, to tell her all she managed to do while she was away from her, to show her how much she has grown but all she could do was latch onto the older woman as if she were to disappear the moment she let go of her, cry and yell for her mother at the top of her lungs.