𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘺, 1983 I

song-
visions of gideon- sufjan stevens

song-visions of gideon- sufjan stevens

northern italy, 1983

"per favore"

"per favore"

"prego"

"prego"

"mi scusi"

"mi scusi-you're not using the right pronunciation son" eric interrupts.

"but father, i'm not italian nor of the descent, there really is no nee-yes, yes there is, in order to interact with people you need to learn the language they may speak and in this case it's italian, come on son it's only for this summer and then you'll be back with your friends in vancouver before you know it" eric explains while pacing around the room with a smug smile.

finn's parents are artists, they travel around foreign country's just to sell there one of a kind, handmade artwork to some of the worlds most renowned people. unfortunately, in finns case, they take the whole family with them, forcing finn to leave his friendships behind and promising to write to them everyday, promises are made to be broken which is why he never obviously sends any letters to them. instead he writes, short stories about romance, poetry, music and all of his very controversial opinions to keep him occupied while the world around him evolves.

he can sit and write for hours on end— in cafes, paddocks and any body of water, that was until he met [y/n], this alluring young women with such a strong passion for novels, her favourite authors being joseph conrad, william shakespeare, some of the worlds most famous. she airs this atmosphere that makes you feel warm as if a fire has been set alight inside your organs. this captivating smile that makes you wonder if she's up to something. there's just something about this girl that makes finns heart pound like crazy almost as if he's having a constant heart attack.

with it being summer he asked her to go for a swim at the local lake at 3pm sharp.

2:36pm

finn glares at the clock snapping back in to reality.

"fuck"

he as quickly as can be rushed to put on his swim trunks before bolting out the door.

"uh son where do you think your going" finn's father shouts from a distance.

"to see a friend" finn answers, getting on this blue rusty old bike.

passing the green scenery on his little blue bike, he takes in the smell of freshly cut grass and the smell that all the plants produce making him close his eyes for just one second breathing it all in.

in the distance he saw this medium sized figure wearing a long white flowing dress and and a light brown floppy hat.

"[y/n]! over here" finn projects coming to a stop.

"finn! hey, how are you?" she says in her cute italian accent, causing finn to smile almost immediately, the things she does to him.

"i'm amazing" he says reaching his arms out to bring her in for a hug.

"last one there's a rotten egg" he whispers in to her ear as he starts sprinting towards the lake.

"that's so unfair!" she says giggling while trying to catch up with him.

laughter fills the air as finn and [y/n] play ''marko polo' and just swim around

by this time it was almost dark and the playing around all came to a stop as finn came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, whispering "let's go dry off and head back"

she nodded agreeing while making her way towards the surface

once they were all dry she became distracted as she began looking up in to the sky connecting the stars, creating shapes.

"it's beautiful isn't it" finn snaps her out of her trans.

"sure is" she adds giggling while collecting her belongings.

he smirked at her, taking in her beauty but in almost a second he's smirk turns in to a frown

"you know i'm only here for summer, then i leave to go back to vancouver" he says with a light gloss covering his eyes.

"hey hey, then let's make it count" she strokes his hands and smiling up at him while battling her lashes before grabbing his hand guiding him up to the path.

"bye finnie" she says planting a kiss on his cheek instantly causing him to have a light tint appear all over his cheeks.

・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・
sooooo this is very different for me that's for sure, this imagine will be apart of like a few part little story, but throughout this book i'll be writing a bunch of different oneshots of finn and some of the other characters he portrays.
<3