𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘺, 1983 II

song
mystery of love-sufjan stevens

songmystery of love-sufjan stevens

northern italy, 1983

"what's on your mind?" finn's questioning eyes glare towards [y/n] as they trot along the path in the search of a destination to plant themselves.

she lets out little snicker before twisting her body around to dart her eyes at finn.

"mm nothing?" she adds while gleaming towards the far distance of the town

"yeah yeah sure, you kn—hey let's sit over here" finns sentence was cut short by [y/n] racing over to an open paddock.

the paddock was filled with this immaculate emerald grass that had this wet layer slicked across it due to the weather getting quite chilly over night, it was short and very fine yet it was comfortable enough to just sit and enter your own little world of writing.

"you can't just ignore my question [y/n], you look like you've got a lot your mind, talk to me" finn says while placing his novel on his lap.

[y/n] bites her lip, shaking her head and smirking

"nothing finn, i promise" she reassures him, patting his arm gently

"you know people who read are hiders. they hide who they are. people who hide don't always like who they are" finn adds before turning a page in his book not looking up once.

"so you?"

"huh? i never said that" finn looks up with a puzzled look on his face.

"you implied it, if i remember correctly you said the line people who read are hiders, and look what your holding in your hands" she says with a cheeky grin plastered on her face as if she's achieved something.

he looks down at his novel before looking up and rolling his eyes and letting out a small snicker

"you got me there but in all seriousness, if you ever need to let off some steam and tell me what's up, i'm here and i always will be" he explains grabbing on to her soft porcelain hands.

"your not always gonna be here" she mumbles loud enough for finn to hear

"now your the one thinking negative, come on let's go and get a bite to eat" finn says gazing towards the small town

once they were set on the path, [y/n] takes in the scenery, it being filled with the scent of a summer in the afternoon and the familiar scent of peaches causing [y/n]'s eyes to almost immediately dart towards the trees covered with fresh peaches.

she jogs over to one of the medium sized trees, grabbing the most ripe looking peach, she knew what she was doing, growing up in italy she knew the do's and the don't's of what to eat and what not to eat and the right time to eat them, she knew what colour they have to be in order to be consumed.

"here try this!" she shouts out to finn gesturing him to go towards her direction.

as soon as he sunk his teeth in to the soft peach, the juices come running out, fortunately for finn all down his white polo shirt, great, he thought to himself. but the taste was exquisite, the soft amber globe, cloaked in a thin layer off fuzz, the flavours dancing on his tongue. these cant even compare to the ones you get in the grocery store, these were ripe and sweet, freshly picked.

travelling around foreign countries, finn has definitely had his fair share of many types of foods native to that specific country. they're all amazing but america just seems to over-hype a lot of the foreign cuisines by not cooking it nor letting it set to it's full potential.

"looks like you enjoyed it" she says gesturing down to his now yellow stained shirt.

they both exchange looks before bursting in to a fit of laughter.

"that happens a lot, i'm just a pro so it doesn't really happen to me" she flicks her hair attempting to be a smartass.

"last one there's a rotten egg" she hollers out as she faces forwards and begins to sprint.

"you can't use my own line against me!" finn says shouting after her, leaving her running towards to the town.

❝ 𝙄𝙛 𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬, 𝙞𝙛 𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙣𝙪𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙞𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮. ❞

・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・
this was kind of just a filler that i felt like adding but i appreciate all the people that have taken their time to read and commented the first part, it means heaps xxx