CHAPTER 06: Downpour

The language of friendship is not words but meanings

~ Henry David Thoreau

____________________

Marcella threw the paper on her desk angrily.

"Another one?!" She semi yelled startling her best friend that was gracefully painting her nails ignoring the shocking news announced on national TV. "The hell are the Sons waiting for to take action?!"

The red-hair glared at the flatscreen tv hanging right above the glass table which her blonde friend had turned into beauty saloon. Her brand new nail oven was set in the center of the table as if it was an ancient treasure while brand new semi-permanent nail polishes were spread around it, among all the equipment needed for someone to get a pro perm.

She had tried convincing Marcella do be her giddy pig so she could experiment with her new toys on her poor nails, but she was quick to refuse. A handful pleas and even more false promises later, Ashley realized Marcella wouldn't give in, so with a disappointed glare, the girl finally decided she'd just try it on herself.

"Stop worrying too much, you'll end up having wrinkles!" She said in an indifferent tone she envied. It must've been so nice not to ever worry about anything. To not care if the world went up in flames around you.

"How can you not?" Marcella retorted turning away from the computer to glare down at her best friend. "That was the second girl raped and murdered brutally in the span of two months. These kinds of things hadn't happened is Seoul since-"

"The Dragon ages?" Ashley interrupted blowing on her perfect black nails. "Don't fret! The Sons will get to the bottom of this sooner rather than later. Dante's Inferno will be child's play compared to what Agust D would do to those responsible."

Marcella paused thinking for a second as she played with her necklaces. She closed her laptop, looking over at her best friend hesitantly as she leaned forward on her desk and stared at her down stubbornly.

"About that," she started.

Ashley noticed the change in her tone and looked up at her.

"No!" She deadpanned.

"Oh come on!" Marcella whined. "We're best friends, you tell me everything! How come you never even once mentioned to me that you so happen to know Agust D?!"

"Drop it, Mars!" She scolded returning her attention back to her nails. "The less you know the better!"

Silence fell again as Ashley grabbed the topcoat and started steadily applying it on her nails. Marcella leaned back in her chair carefully watching the blonde, examining the possible ways she could convince her. Feeling her persistent stare Ashley sighted.