#4 First word

#4 First word

A/N This is not a series meaning that these prefs aren't going to be in a chronological order. They may skip years or head back in time.

Ashton: Ashton was away on tour for the first time since Mandy was born. He missed her dearly and called at least five times a day to see and hear his baby girl. The facetime came at the normal time and you were waiting on the loveseat with Mandy in your lap. You smiled happily as you saw Ash's happy face appear on your laptop. "Hi babe!" He greeted happily. Amanda started to giggle and squirm in your grasp.

"Hi Mandy Dandy! Daddy misses you so much. I'll be home soon baby girl, I promise." Ashton continued. He loved seeing his baby girl but at the same time seeing her grow without him makes him sad.

"We've missed you. Mandy has been crying more lately. It's like she knows her daddy is gone." You said sadly. Before Ashton could respond, Mandy started to make some noise that almost sounded like words. She has been mumbling her little baby talk for months but nothing had ever sounded so coherent before.

"What's that Mandy?" You asked happily.

"Dada!" She said cutely while pointing at the screen. Tears pooled in Ashton's eyes.

"Yeah baby, I'm your daddy." He said touching his screen where she rested her hand. You were so happy that Amanda's first word was 'dada' because it means she recognizes her father.

Michael: Mason was happily eating his favourite breakfast of mashed bananas. It was a Sunday and Michael was home. You cherished days like this with your two favourite boys. Michael was feeding Mason his bananas while Michael was eating his own. Guess Cliffords like bananas.

"Zoooooom, here comes the airplane bud, open up!" Michael cooed. For some reason Mason ate without any fuss when his father fed him.

"Bonana" Mason mumbled with a full mouth. You and Michael both stopped what you were doing to look at your son.

"What was that Mace?" Michael asked to confirm.

"Bonana!" You smiled as Michael picked up his son and whirled him around.

"That's right bud, bonana."

Calum:

It was christmastime and the whole Hood family was together. Today was the day twins were to see Father Christmas for the first time. Joy was with you and Calum with her camera ready to take lots of pictures. Unlike the other babies in line, Noah and Kaiden didn't cry. When you got up there you and Joy placed the twins on Santa's lap. They looked up at the plump man with twinkly eyes. Kaiden looked at his brother and then up at Father Christmas. "Santa?" He asked. You gasped. Joy started to cry again. She cries all the time over cute things the twins do. Santa just smiled and asked the boys what they wanted for Christmas even though they couldn't answer. Kaiden just kept repeating "Santa!" Noah cocked his head at his brother before repeating "Santa!" at the man in the red suit. Calum laughed at his two boys. You were both so excited to give them a special Christmas.

Luke:

Piper was almost 19 months old and she hadn't uttered a single word. The doctor told you not to worry, but you and Luke were first time parents.

"Come on Pipes, just one word? Please?" Luke begged his daughter.

"Luke, you have to go to work!" You reminded your husband.

"Call me in sick, I'm not missing her first word!" He protested.

"Ash is already on his way!" You warned. As if on cue, Ashton walked through the front door with the rest of the band.

"Luke! We've been waiting outside for you!"

"Wait a sec guys, I'm waiting till she says something!" Luke was not giving up on this.

"We have 5sos things to do today" Calum reminded him.

"5sos can wait!" Luke said frustrated. Piper giggled before mumbling a bit. Everyone in the room stopped talking.

"5sauce!" Piper said excitedly. The boys all had proud looks on their faces.

"Yeah baby girl, 5sauce." He picked up his princess and hugged her as hard as he could. After another hour of her saying the band name aloud, Luke finally left for work.