Searching

December 21st, 2017, Columbus, Ohio.

It had been a few days since the white fuzzy creature intruded on Tyler's pool. He'd been thinking about the strange gremlin looking thing constantly, though he didn't tell anyone. How could he tell anyone without sounding crazy? Tyler had thought about telling his wife, Jenna, about what he'd seen, but ultimately decided against it. For all he knew the thing never even existed, it was just a figment of his tired imagination.
  Yeah, that must be it. Just his imagination. That's what Tyler decided to tell himself, that was until Jenna came into the same room Tyler was sat in on the day he saw the creature.
  "Ty, there's something weird in the bush outside"
  Something weird in the bush? For a moment Tyler thought that Jenna had found the creature herself, but if that was the case then she'd surely be much more lively about the situation.
  Of course Tyler has to explain the gap in the bush outside the day after the event. He didn't know what to say at first, but after collecting his thoughts settled on a raccoon. Jenna, of course, found it hard to believe that a raccoon could make such a large hole, but she didn't inquire any further.
  "You mean the hole? You can't call it weird, you'll hurt the bushes feelings"
  "Tyler I'm serious. It looks like a foot print."
  Tyler's head shot up from his phone at the mention of foot prints. Could they be from the creature? Tyler put on the nearest pair of shoes he could find and hurried out of the house without a word, Jenna speed walking behind him to keep up. He had to confirm his suspicions.
They approached the hole in the bush that was created only a few days earlier and Jenna showed Tyler the print.
Definitely not a raccoon he thought to himself. Raccoons are small. This was no small print, unless of course this was a particularly large raccoon. One the size of a 7 year old person maybe.
As Tyler got down on his knees to get a closer look at the foot print he noticed something. A tuft of white, almost silver fur clumped in the winding conglomeration of thin woody branches that made up the bush. He untangled the fur from the bush and quickly stuffed it into his pocket while Jenna was looking away, then shifted his focus back to the strange foot print in the dirt.
The first thing he noticed was the shape of it. 3 toes. Then he noticed the faint outline of paw pads, like on the bottom of a dogs paw. Of course there was the size of the print, it was much bigger than Tyler had expected given the creatures small stature on the night it payed the pool a visit. There was certainly no way to mistake it for any other sort of animal.
"What do you think it is Ty?" Jenna asked, slightly concerned about the large print that was imprinted only a few feet in front of her.
"That must have been one big raccoon" Tyler replied. He knew that Jenna didn't believe a word of the raccoon nonsense at this point, but it was better than sounding crazy he thought.
The couple walked back into the house together, a slightly awkward atmosphere between the 2 as they both pondered on the strange recent events.
As they walked through the front door to their house, Jenna's phone rang. She took it out of her pocket and looked at the name.
"Oh I've gotta take this, it's my boss. I'll come back soon"
And with that she gave her husband a smile and answered the phone while going upstairs, her voice slowly trailing off until Tyler could not longer hear it. He never really understood why Jenna kept her old job at Starbucks despite being married to a millionaire, but it made her happy so he didn't think about it often.
Tyler took this brief moment of solitude to inspect the fluff he had found knotted in the bush. He pulled it out of his pocket and was amazed by the softness of the material. It was like something out of a sci-fi movie. The singer had never felt anything and soft and smooth as it in all his life, and spent a few minutes completely spaced out just fiddling with the fur between his fingers.
"So soft" he gently whispered to himself.
Without thinking, he suddenly sniffed the soft material. He half expected it to smell of bleach like the strange amber liquid the creature left behind, and half expected the boring old scent of bush, but to his surprise it smelled like neither. It smelled of... chocolate cake?
This further intrigued Tyler. He absolutely had to find the creature again, no matter the cost.

No matter what

A/N: Leave a comment and let me know if you're interested in me continuing this story 😊