━ CHAPTER ONE

"ANOTHER year, another day of watching you drool over the boy who wouldn't bloody die."

Mya Corner threw her best friend, Prudence Parkinson, a dirty look.

They sat, as they did every morning, at the end of the Ravenclaw table, eating their usaul breakfasts. Prue's eyes wondered around the hall while Mya tried, and failed, to pretend she wasn't staring at Harry Potter.

It had come as a surprise to her and many others that they had been invited back for their seventh year, and what was even more of a surprise, was the fact that Harry had accepted.

Mya had just assumed he would skip a step and go straight into auror training.

"I am not drooling! I'm just... admiring." Mya defended, busying herself with a piece of toast.

"Yeah, like I admire my sixth bowl of treacle pudding at dinner." Prue said flatly, rolling her brown eyes.

Mya's nose scrunched.

"Eugh... I don't know how you can even eat that stuff, it's disgusting!"

"Harry likes it..." Prue said slyly, a smirk forming on her lips.

Mya couldn't stop a blush from creeping up her nose.

"So?" She asked, squeakily. "I don't have to like what he likes."

"But you want to, don't you?"

The two best friends locked eyes and engaged in an intense stare down.

"...Shut up."

Prue burst into a loud, obnoxious laugh. She drew many a student and faculty members attention, but she didn't seem to care.

Mya shook her head and stood up, she neatly stacked her potions and Transfiguration books in a pile before informing her friend she'd be heading to the library.

Prue nodded, still laughing, making Mya roll her green eyes.

***

As usaul, the library had been near empty. The only other person that headed to the library as much as Mya was Hermione Granger, and even she hadn't been there that morning.

Her plait laid on her shoulder as she headed to class, humming along to the Hogwarts anthem that seemed stuck in her head.

Just as she was passing the second floor bathroom, also known as Moaning Myrtles, she felt herself hit something-

-hard.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" She apologised, quickly gathering up her books, "I didn't see you."

When she finally glanced up to see who she had knocked into, she froze.

Her flecked green eyes met his bright, clear green ones. He seemed just as shocked as she was.

"Mya?" He questioned, standing up and offering her a hand.

Mya had no idea how the infamous chosen freaking one knew her name, but that didn't stop her from immediately taking the lift.