𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗜.

★·.·'¯'·.·★ 𝙄𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙖 𝙋𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙧 ★·.·'¯'·.·★
"DIA"

"Why they don't notice that it's hard

"Why they don't notice that it's hard."

I walked up the dirt driveway while fixing my bookbag straps over my shoulders. I noticed a bright orange piece of paper stuck on the front door as I approached the house. I walked up the porch steps squinting my eyes a little to read the words on the paper.

EVICTION NOTICE

I bit the inside of my lip taking the piece of paper off the door reading it.

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟑

Dear Tenant,

You are hereby given an eviction notice and noticed to vacate the premises within 15 days. Reason(s) for eviction is the following: failure to pay rent that is due in arrears. A demand of payment was arranged but you failed to pay the arrears.

You have 15 days to pay the arrears to remain on this property. Failure to pay the arrears and vacate within 15 days, Remaining belongings left on this property will be destroyed. We are not responsible for any belongings left behind on this property.

I looked around the neighborhood not seeing a single soul or hearing a car drive by. I opened the front door seeing my sisters already sitting in the living room, looking at each other like dummies "Mommy witchu?" Chyna asked.

I shook my head, closing the door behind me, sitting the paper on the table beside the door "Y'all called her?"

"Yeah. She said that she was going to get you and then come here." Poppy rubbed her hand under her chin.

"Y'all talked to dad ?" I sat beside Pinky on the couch.

Pinky sucked her teeth and side eyed me "Of course we didn't Dia. He the reason we gotta move."

"Hate him." Chyna mumbled pouting.

I stared at the three of them "Why y'all leave the paper on the door?"

"Wasn't thinking." Poppy shook her head.

After sitting in silence for 10 whole minutes, The front door open and momma came rushing in, slamming  the door behind her "Y'all alright?"

All four of us nodded staring at her. She grabbed the paper from the table and started reading it huffing afterwards "I'm so sick of Isaiah's shit." She mumbled digging in her purse.

"So what we gone do momma?" Poppy spoke up.

Momma pulled her phone out of her purse looking at Poppy "What you mean Poppy? We gotta move."

Poppy furrowed her eyebrows "No I'm talking about tonight."

"Yeah. It ain't no power." Pinky told her.

Momma stared at them for a moment before turning and headed towards the kitchen. "Y'all think she gone fight dad again?" I asked them.

"Nah." Pinky shook her head

"Yup. I think she gone beat his ass this time." Chyna nodded

"Stop cussing." Poppy side eyed her.

"What the fuck you mean I ain't pay my light bill?! I just paid ALL my bills Monday ! You telling me a month went by in 4 days Isaiah?! Huh?! You playing with me now !"

Welp.

I tapped the armrest of the couch listening to my momma go off on my dad about the rent and the lights. "You gone get yours Isaiah ! I don't give a damn ! Cause guess what?! Ima make sure me and mines straight REGARDLESS of a moneyfien or not ! Nigga wanna see his kids out on the street cause they with me ! Trifling ass fucking nigga ! I hope them niggas getcho ass cause you ain't no help round this bitch ! Just a pain in the ass ! " She came out the kitchen mad hanging up on him. "The fuck. Nigga wanna do this when I ain't got no damn money. KNOW I just paid my damn bills and wanna pull this stunt." She huffed sitting her purse down on the couch. "Whew." She sat at the dining room table shaking her leg mad.

I got up taking my bookbag off. I went upstairs going in me and Chyna room going in my closet behind my coats grabbing my piggy bank. I walked out my room heading back downstairs over to my momma and sat the piggy bank on the table "Use it." I told her.

She looked at the piggy bank then at me "No. That's your money. You continue to save your money and let me figure out what we gone do—"

I cut her off by picking the piggy bank up and dropped it watching it break and all the 5s I saved over the years fall out. "Hm." I picked all the money up sitting it on the table "Use it."

I went in the kitchen grabbing the trash can, broom and dustpan and cleaned up the glass putting it in the trash "I got some 1s saved up." Pinky stood up telling momma.

"I got money saved too." Poppy sat up.

"Poppy, You need your money for the baby you don't need to worry about nothing. Pinky girl keep yo ones and Dia, I'm not using all your fives. Just 20 of them, the rest are yours." She counted 20 fives out the pile then pointed at the rest "Getcho money."

"Y'all get up, Go pack some clothes and shoes for school tomorrow. Grab y'all bath towels, toothbrushes, good soaps, body washes and smell goods. Pack it all up. Isaiah just don't know boy." She got up sitting her phone down on the table as well as her keys. "Gone pack you a bag Dia." She told me after I grabbed all of my money.

I walked upstairs going in me and Chyna room again grabbing my little duffel bag. I started putting under clothes and socks in here first. Then I picked a outfit to wear tomorrow and some pajamas putting them in the bag as well. I grabbed some Jordan's stuffing em in the bag then stuff my towel as well as some deodorant and lotion, inside,

"Hm." Chyna came back in the room with mines and her toothbrushes and rags.

I grabbed mines stuffing it in the duffel bag then zipped it up. I grabbed my phone charger out of the wall then walked out my room. I went back downstairs sitting on the couch.

My sisters soon came downstairs with their bags as well and sat on the couch and we waited for momma to finish packing her clothes. We all sat in silence as we listened to momma crying on the phone to granddad.

"Dad he's fucking trifling ! He's trifling as hell dad ! He rather see us homeless and down bad than to just man up and take care and see them ! I hate him so much !"

I sighed shaking my head listening to her cry. I wiped a tear that slipped just thinking about the situation.

This the 5th time in 2 years we done been homeless man. Where the fuck is our luck?

Hmmmmmmm ..... I kinda like .... kinda don't ... we'll see ...