Chapter 3

Sorry for the delayed update! What a crazy world it is right now, I hope everyone is coping with the corona virus and are well at home in quarantine <3
Enjoy the chapter and please let me know if you have any suggestions you'd like to see in the story, xx

Donghae was finally home and he'd be home when I got off work. I was looking forward to finally seeing him after such a long time.

I had trouble focusing at work, because all I wanted to do was just go home and see him, hug him so tightly for all the time I wasn't able to hug him.
My co workers could sense my lack of concentration and knew why, so they just shrugged it off.

I held my stomach and smiled. His baby was swimming around inside, nice and warm, having the time of its life. Boy or girl, it didn't matter. What mattered most was that it was going to be our baby and this baby would be spoiled rotten!

When it was time to clock out of work, I practically flew out of my chair and packed up in record time. I just couldn't wait any longer. I said my goodbyes to my colleagues and made my way out of Cube Entertainment, heading straight for home.
My heart pounded and i had butterflies in my stomach as I stood in front of the door to our apartment. I breathed out heavily and unlocked the door.
"I'm home!" I called out and Bada was the first one to greet me. She wagged her tail and nuzzled her nose into my leg.

"Hi girl, where's your daddy?" I giggled and put down my bag and jacket to pet her.
Did he not come home yet?
I walked into the living room after taking off my shoes and was met by a giant bouquet of red roses stuck into my face. I jumped a few meters back as I was quoted shocked. "What the..." I coughed.

"Hi baby, did you miss me?" Donghae's beautiful face appeared behind the bouquet and I almost screamed of joy.
"Donghae!" I blurted and flung around his neck, nearly squeezing all the life out of him.
"Babe, you're strangling me," he laughed and coughed at the same time.
"Sorry, i just missed you so much," I said and pulled my arms away from his neck.

"It's okay, I missed you too. Now come here and give me a kiss," he chuckled and wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me towards him. Our lips crashed together in a deep long kiss that felt like an hour.

I'd missed this so much and now he was finally home again.
When we finally pulled apart, we were both breathless as we looked at each other giggling like two little school girls.

"I bought you flowers," he handed me the bouquet and kissed my cheek.
"They're beautiful, thank you Donghae! I didn't get you anything though,"
He smiled and put a hand on my belly, "You've given me plenty already my love. I don't need anything else,"

I melted at his words. How could he be so cool?
"Aish, Oppa you're making me blush." I grinned at him and slapped his arm gently.
"But it's true! Hey, can you show me that picture again?"
I nodded and went to the kitchen to find all the files from the doctor and picked out the ultrasound picture, giving it to Donghae.

His eyes sparkled at the picture, even though there wasn't much to see, we both knew what it would become.
"I still cant believe this is my baby. I've only dreamt of this for so long, now it's actually happening,"
I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head upon his back. The hand that wasn't holding the picture found mine and cupped them tightly in his big warm hand.

"I know... but you'll be the best dad in the whole world, I have no doubt about that," I exhaled lightly and tangled my fingers with his.
"Thanks baby, you're sweet," he pulled me in front of him so he could give me a tight hug.

"I missed your face," I chuckled giving his cheek a soft caress. Somehow he always made me feel safe and whenever he was traveling or doing other things at work I felt so uncomfortable, it was as though a piece of me was missing when we weren't together.

Of course we couldn't be together all the time, but I just missed him whenever we were apart.

"Have you told mom yet?" He asked rubbing my belly softly.
"Yes, she's so happy. She offered to come down and stay with us when I'm in the third trimester, to help when the baby comes." I replied leaning into him, his scent embracing me in every way.

"That's great! How about your dad? Eun-Jae?" He grazed his lips against my forehead and then down my cheeks and unto my jaw where he planted a soft kiss.

"He was thrilled. But I couldn't get a hold of my sister, she's probably sleeping or having classes. The time zones are different so I'm not really sure when she has time to talk, I asked her to call me back though,"
He gazed into my eyes and saved a stray strand of hair that had fallen into my eyes.

"Well I'm sure she'll call as soon as she can. She's going to be over the moon that she's to be an auntie," he chuckled as he held me tightly in his arms.
I nodded agreeingly at him.

"Did you tell your members?" I asked, my hand lightly grazed over his cheek as I studied his face.
"I actually haven't, though I wanted to many times. I thought we'd do it together over dinner..." he suggested running a hand through his hair and again began rubbing my belly.

"Alright, sounds like a plan. Will you invite them then?" I asked, swatting his hand playfully away from my belly and went to the refrigerator to get a bottle of water, since I was feeling suddenly parched.

He watched me carefully from the other side of the kitchen island and grinned widely at me. "I'll invite them right away. Should we go out for dinner tonight?"

"Actually I thought we could make some dinner here at home, I know you're probably tired from the journey home, so I'll make it for us," I replied to his suggestion of going out for dinner.
"Sure! I'd like to help you, you shouldn't be doing it all by yourself, anyways I'm not that tired." He sounded tired though, but if he wanted to help I wouldn't talk him out of it.

Together we sat off to making dinner, which mainly erupted in an unfair matched spring onion fight.
The spring onion had ended up spread across the kitchen floor instead of going into the food and we decided in the end to order sweet and sour pork, seasoned chicken and Jajjangmyeon.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
It's been such a crazy time that I haven't had the right mind to write anything but finally decided to start up again. Thanks for waiting and sorry for the delay xx