enia

m i a

It's so cold. Of course it has to snow the day of the art show. And of course the art show has to be outside. I mean, why not, right? Maybe my parents were right about me moving to New York. Maybe I wasn't cut out for this. I button the top of my jacket and pay the taxi driver. 

I smile at the old lady handing out pamphlets. "Welcome to the NYU freshman art show!"

She hands me a pamphlet with the artists names and I nod. I scan the list for Zayn. Zayn Malik, the Lady in Red. Aw, it sounds lovely. I'm so excited to meet him and see his artwork. I don't actually know what he looks like. I know he has dark hair and tattoos. There are so many things that could go wrong when I meet him. What if he calls me a stalker and pretends he doesn't know me? Or what if he really is just a genuine asshole? God, I would cry right then and there. 

"Are you looking for someone?" The women smiles. 

"Zayn Malik," I mumble.

"Ah, yes," she nods. "A lot of young girls are looking for his artwork. It seems as if he's taken off online."

"Kind of," I shrug. I wonder how many girls he invited to come see him? I bet he's got girls lined up waiting for him. Typical. 

"Well he's down there on the right," she smiles before turning towards another group of people walking around. I put my pamphlet in my pocket and walk towards the end of the show. 

"Zayn Malik," I mutter. "Zayn Malik." 

I scan the artwork and the artists name as I look for Zayn. No Zayn so far. She said right, right? I'm pretty sure she said right. 

"Zayn Malik," I repeat.

The boy in front of the painting looks over at me. "Yeah?" 

Holy shit, it's him. "Damn, he's hot."

"What?" He chuckles slightly.

"Shit! I didn't mean to say that out loud!" I cover my face.

"It's okay... I don't mind," he smiles. 

"I'm Mia. Mia Lowe..." I try to hid my red cheeks.

He frowns and turns back towards his art piece. "Oh. You're the crazy girl from deviant art."

Oh... "Yeah, I guess."

He shifts the artwork a little bit.  "I'm surprised you came." 

"Why?" 

"Actually, I'm not surprised," he shrugs. "I knew you'd come."

"You're an asshole," I huff. 

"I get told that a lot by girls," he smiles, showing his teeth slightly.

"Yeah, great," I roll my eyes. "I'm going home."

I adjust my purse and turn back towards the road. I knew coming here was a mistake.

"Wait!" He calls out. "We should get coffee sometime."

I ignore him and keep walking. Over my dead body will I get coffee with such an asshole like you, Zayn Malik.

[ wow it's been almost three weeks since i updated but you'll get plenty of updates this week, i promise ]