endeka

z a y n

I push my hair back and sink into my seat slightly. It's two minutes past noon. Where is she? She said noon!

"Can I get you anything, sir?" The young waitress smiles. 

"Two Lattes. Whip cream on the top, please."

She scribbles the order on her pad and looks at me. "Do you want any food?"

"No, I'm good," I shake my head. I have a huge hangover and I'm pissed as hell that she's not here.

"Okay. I'll be back," she smiles. I rub my temple and stare out the window at the passing people. Couples, business men, prostitutes... No Mia.  I close my eyes and rest my head on the window. I'm just going to drink this stupid latte and head to class. 

I hear the bell sound and the door close. "Zayn? Are you okay?" Mia looks around and takes a seat across from me.

I close my eyes again. "Zayn?" She repeats.

"It's ten minutes past noon, Mia," I reply harshly.

"Are you serious?" The waitress sets the two lattes down on the table and Mia thanks her. "What the hell is your problem, Zayn?"

I sit up and slam my hand on the table. "I have a fucking hangover, a class, and somebody who doesn't bother to show up on time."

Mia shakes her head and reaches for the latte. "I was late because I had a test in a class I'm not doing so well in," Mia stands up and adjusts her coat. 

"Mia —" I rub my temple. "I'm sorry. Don't leave." 

Mia just scrunches her nose in disgust. "You might want to wash the asshole out of your personality before you go to class." She doesn't say anything else before walking out of the café.