Six Years later

Ryuko woke up out of bed and brushed her teeth. She then walked into her dining room and made breakfast for her and Mako.

She was 25 now and living with Mako in the city.

She sat down drinking her coffee while scrolling through her phone. No reports of crime, no alien sightings just reports of the local Vigilante.

Ryuko saw the picture of herself and was annoyed. Those damn reporters almost got killed trying to take a picture of her while she was in the middle of a battle.

She had Senketsu create a mask for when she was out but she hated the press getting in her way.

Ryuko left the apartment before Mako could get up and she drove to work on her motorcycle.

She arrived at the cities tallest skyscraper Matoi Towers. Ryuko walked inside showing her security clearance badge and walking downstairs through the heavily guarded doors to the underground elevator.

After she descended to the right floor she left the elevator and walked into her Lab putting on her Lab coat.

A little girl with Life fiber mutations was lying on the table nervous. Ryuko waved at her and approached calling the young girl down.

Ryuko: Don't worry sweetie everything will be ok. Can you hold still for me.

The little girl nodded and sat still while Ryuko looked at the life fiber mesh and boils on her legs.

Humanity weaponized the life fibers and experimented on many individuals while Matoi industries focused on rebuilding and helping people.

Ryuko: Senketsu the life fiber is eating away at her legs can our threads stabilize them?

Senketsu: yes but she'll need a abit of your blood.

Ryuko: Go ahead. This'll hurt a little bit sweetie.

Ryuko administered some Anastasia and the little girl fell asleep.

Senketsu who was the lab coat then created little tendrils that stabbed into the little girls legs. Ryuko's threads began stitching her muscles and life fibers together while Ryuko cut off the Life fiber boils with a laser. They then transferred some blood to the little girl while killing of any life fiber cells that were rejecting her body.

After 25 minutes Ryuko finished and she took the girl in a hospital bed to a waiting room to see her parents. When she woke up she was able to move her toes and walk again.

Ryuko: careful there your legs will require some training to walk like you used to so take it easy.

The parents thanked Ryuko for saving their daughters legs and Ryuko advised them to stay away from any government offered treatments involving life fibers.

She patted the little girl on the head and headed back to her lab.

After the invasion humanity rebuilt using the alien technology and remains to create better technology for anyone rich enough which Matoi industries then purchased and made affordable for everyone.

Politicians united against all and any aliens hunting down any other alien species on earth and locking them up or killing/dissecting them for "study" and "peace". The world would never forget the invasion but it was now used to justify wars, spread hatred and weaponize the planet.

Humanity was more technologically advanced and wildlife and the environment was flourishing after Rion's invasion and experiments. However the world was divided and full of chaos and pain at all they lost. Fear, Anger and hatred drove them and eventually ego and greed blinded many people.

Many had experimented with alien dna like Rion and were trying to make better humans, perfect humans while another faction of people thought they were already perfect and it became endless bickering and conflicts.

The world somehow changed so much and yet hadn't changed at all. Ryuko wanted to do good by Y/N so she fought to protect people in his name both as a Scientist and vigilante.

She had seen many battles and fought both the strange to terrifying to ridiculous things Y/N had before her.

However Ryuko still felt a part of herself missing. She had to be strong and move on for Y/N but her heart wouldn't let her. She trained harder and harder with her own anger, hatred and pain waiting for the day Rion returned to she could kill him.

Ryuko missed Y/N, she tired to move on. Focus on her work and try to date but she couldn't. Her whole life she fought. She fought to avenger her father, learn her history and save her friends. She fought to avenge Y/N but what would she do after that.

Ryuko clenched her fist and punched a hole in the wall next to her.

She started to cry.

She sat on the floor with her back against the wall and pulled out the necklace Y/N gave her a long time ago.

She held it tight as her tears dropped onto it.

Senketsu remained silent feeling his partners pain. There was nothing he could do. He simply tried to comfort her and the two stayed there.

Ryuko stayed in her lab working on a new type medicine to treat people with life fiber implants that were rejecting their bodies.

As Ryuko worked she asked Senketsu what dying felt like for him when she lost him so long ago.

Senketsu: It was warm and frightening and eat oddly peaceful and then there was nothing.

Ryuko: Do you think the same happened to Y/N.

Senketsu: I do not know. I think he died peacefully knowing he saved everyone. He'd be proud of you Ryuko.

Ryuko: Thank you Senketsu.