Chapter One - The Move.

▶ Harry Styles - Two Ghosts.

It's my last year studying law, but this time in a different place. I needed a new environment and my own space. I loved my town, and I loved Rhode Island, keyword loved. But the truth is I have outgrown it, and the pain it has caused me. I'm transferring to a college in New York, I feel a new scene and new people will bring back the person whom I used to be.

I stand in my pink room for the last time, staring at the suitcases on the fluffy white rug in the middle of the floor awaiting a long journey to a one way ticket out of here. I run my fingertips along my bedsheets for the last time and take a moment to myself before grabbing my things and shutting all the sleepless nights away behind the door.

I kiss my mother goodbye at the door.

"Anna, are you sure you want to do this? The colleges around here are wonderful! And you'll be closer to me!" 

"Mum, I need to go. I have a long journey ahead of me and you know this is what's best for me! Too much has happened here for me to stay any longer. I love you."

She gives me a final kiss on the forehead, wiping my single tear off my cheek as I pack my bags into the taxi and head off to New York.

A few hours later...

I arrived at the university, it was much bigger than the ones back at home. There was buildings towering over me, intimidating me with their size. Looking up at them made my balance unsteady so I kept my head pointed to the ground.

I walk into the dorm lobby to be greeted with the most beautiful decor, Golden ceilings with tall white statues towering over you in every corner. The room seemed busy yet content at the same time and everyone has a friendly smile on their face.

"Good morning Miss, how can we help you today?" A lady behind the desk asks as I tumble over toward her.

"Oh yes hi, my name is Anastacia MacQuoid and I'm starting a new semester here this year."

"Ah yes, Miss MacQuoid, your room number is 206, welcome and I hope that you have a wonderful year!"

The lady handed me a keycard to my room and hushed me along quickly toward a large elevator with matte black doors. 

"Well, it looks like I'm on floor two."

I click the large button and head toward my room, The hallways were long and not quite as glorious as the lobby of the building. The walls were a dull shade of grey and the carpet was a deep-set brown. There was no decor, no plants or anything too appeasing along the walk to my dorm. When I finally reached my room, I noticed a sock on the door. I didn't care anything for it, I slipped my keycard into the door and opened it to see my roommate, and best friend, Leila, bent over the edge of her bed by a boy, seemingly having a good time considering he wasn't all that large.

"Omg, I'm so sorry! I-I didn't know..."

"Omg Anna, is that you? Hi!! give me a minute to finish up and then lets talk!"

I blush, slamming the door and stumbling back into the hallway, full of embarrassment.