Chapter Two - Leila.

"Omg Anna, it's been forever! How've you been?" 

Leila looked at me longingly through her beaming hazel brown eyes, we were childhood best friends, our parents were connected through work and decided we were to grow up together.

"I'm honestly alright for once, now that I've gotten away from that town and the people within it."

I couldn't help but stare at her, she had aged with such grace since our last encounter. I studied her body, every curve on her now grown body. She had grown into her waist and her face. 

"So tell me, Anna, what's new with you? Do you have a boyfriend? Girlfriend? You know I don't judge." She gives a playful nudge followed by a cheeky wink.

"No, not since my last boyfriend. I'm just trying to figure out who I am and what I want before I try to figure out what someone else wants."

"Oh Anna, you always look at love in such a complicated manner!! Love is supposed to be exciting, you aren't always supposed to know what each other wants! That's the beauty of it"

Within seconds, Leila grabs my hands, forcing me to stand up and spins me in repeated circles. She leans her head back, closing her eyes whilst her distinct giggle emerges, her laugh is contagious and before I know it i'm joining in. After what seemed like hours of spinning we fall over in a pool of dizziness, falling over one another in a fit of laughter! 

"I missed this." Leila says, looking over to me whilst reaching up to grab my hand. 

"Yeah, me too. I should've left with you instead of staying. Maybe thing's would've been different.."

I sit up, curling myself into a ball, placing my head onto my knees and taking a deep sigh.

"Hey! there will be none od that here Anna, your classes start tomorrow, thats exciting right!! It's time to start the nexr chapter, your future, lets think positive instead of reminising our pasts"

I nod in agreement, the last thing I want to be doing this year is sitting around in sadness reminding myself of where i came from. i stand up, put my stuff away and situate myself for the days ahead all whilst catching up with Leila all night.