two.

5 days after boy met girl

cecile grabbed her back and keys, rushing out of the door of her apartment. she ran down two flights of stairs and right out the door.

she sighed, looking at the time. 1:39. class was starting in fifteen minutes and cecile was not even near prepared. she was meaning to grab a cup of coffee on the way over. she hated when her routine got messed up.

she watched all of the pedestrians surrounding her. some rushing to work, some traveling, and some going for lunch with their loved ones. she tried to make sure not to run into anyone on the busy sidewalks.

after about 10 minutes she finally opened the door of her english literature classroom. this is only the second day in this class, so not everyone had their designated seats.

she walked around before finding a spot in the corner. she smiled at her fellow classmates. there was only two minutes left before the start when she felt someone pull the chair beside her.

"cecile, hey!" she turned and watched his grin appear. she returned a smile, her eyes with a look of shock. she was surprised that he remembered her name for they have only known each other for a couple days.

"timothee." he told, understanding the look on her face. she turned away in embarrassment, "right, im sorry." she let out a soft laugh. he shared a laugh while shaking his head, "no worries at all."

she noticed two coffees in front of him. she couldnt help but chuckle, "did you get any sleep last night?" she wondered, pointing out the drinks.

"oh no, they actually gave me two cups on accident," he paused, "would you like it?" he questioned, pushing it towards her. she widened her eyes and grabbed it from his hand. "thank you so much, i was meaning to grab some this morning but i was late and the shop is so out of my way." she rambled.

"really, its okay cecile." she gave him one more smile before they both turned towards the professor.

she couldnt help but acknowledge how kind this boy was being. she watched as he listened to the lecture and wrote in his composition notebook with an almost out of ink pen. she almost thought about letting his use one of hers. even keep it. he looked over her way every once in a while. she would pretend to be writing or thinking.

class was coming close to the end and there was still no words spoken between the two besides the start. she turned her head to face him, surprised to see his head turned towards her as well. she waited for him to start the conversation, but instead he just nodded at her before packing his belongings in an old, black backpack. she did the same, shoving them in her new navy blue bag.