seven.

8 months since boy met girl

"thank you so much for coming, cece!" lana grinned, holding the door open to timothees apartment. well, now it's lanas as well, for she stays at his place more than her own.

cecile tried not to cringe at the awful nickname lana gave her recently. she tried to politely tell her not to call her that, but it's done no good.

cecile wasn't allowed to be anything but nice to her best friends girlfriend, otherwise lana would go and tell on her to timothee.

cecile gave her a tight lipped smile, "of course! happy birthday!" she lifted her hand, lanas birthday present placed in it.

lana gasped, "you did not have to get me anything!" cecile just shook her head, handing her the gift.

she did have to get her something. lana expected her to get her something. lana believes that the two of them are friends. lana once took cecile to the side, just to explain that even though her and timothee are in a relationship that nothing has to change between the trio.

cecile had to hold herself back from telling the girl that there was no trio. it was timothee and cecile first, then lana came along. the three only started hanging out after she started showing interest in timothee, but now that the two of them are dating, the three of them hang out close to never.

cecile could feel her drifting away from her best friend. it hurt, but she tried her best to maintain contact. one thing they still have that will never be taken from them is class. class and coffee.

although they don't go to lunch afterwards anymore. no, that time is now lana and timmy time. she appreciates timothee telling her over and over that she is invited, but she doesn't want to intervene.

instead, she goes home to find nick starting his nightly routine of drinking, ordering in, and fucking her.

that, or she messages vera, and they hang out and drink wine. vera always has something going on that she gossips and spills to cecile about. either that be drama from her own life or others.

nowadays, however, vera has been busy with her amazing boyfriend and her new group of friends. a group of friends that doesn't include cecile.

ceciles been slowly feeling more and more alone.

"come in, come in!" lana waved her hand.

cecile followed beside her. her eyes wandered over the apartment that she's seen less and less often.

the usual cozy apartment filled with plants, is now full of college students making conversation with various kinds of alcohol in their hands.