Chapter 3

Photo of Delainey

☆Danny POV☆

I woke up to a burning sensation on my thigh. I quickly shot up falling off of the bed. The curtain by my bed was opened slightly and a ray of sunshine came through.

I groaned looking down at the burn on my leg. It didn't look bad it should heal up fine. I quickly walked over to the window closing the curtain fully the room becoming dark.

I heard a small knock on my door making me jump. I opened the door to see Delaney looking up at me with a smile.

"Morning sleepy head you ready to go eat" she said I looked down at the state I was in. I wore my grey shorts and a black crew neck sweater. My hair was sticking up in a disarray. I was not ready to be seen by the world.

"Let me get ready really quick and I'll meet you in the car" I said she nodded with a smile

" Don't take too long" she said  I closed the door with a sigh and quickly slipped out of the clothes I had worn to bed. I threw on my black jeans and a brown sweater with a funky pattern. Grabbing my hat and my phone I walked towards the door looking at myself in the mirror once more before walking out.

I made my way towards the kitchen pouring myself a glass of blood from the fridge. I took a large drink feeling my body spruce up a little more. Surprisingly enough i haven't seen Beau yet.  He's probably resting for tonight. Hope fully tonight my bully will leave me alone for good.

...

We arrived at the sunshine cafe walking in with our arms interlocked. The inside of the cafe was bright with baby blue walls filled with pictures of customers and bright paintings .

We sat down at the table and our waiter arrived his bright smile making my heart ache.

"Morning how are you guys" he said his hazel eyes interlocking with mine. His curly brown hair was pulled lazily into a bun bringing out his chissled features. He was almost as good looking as beau

"We're good " Delainey said breaking me out of his trance

"Can I start you guys off with drinks or you need a few minutes" he said sweetly

" Water and a coffee" Delainey said confidently the boy looked back to me

"Same" I said he smiled his perfect white teeth showing

"I'll be right back with that" he said flashing one more glance at me before walking away

"So he's cute huh you should get his number" Delainey said looking through the menu with a smile

" Maybe" I replied

" So who do you think the king with be paired with" she said I frowned behind the menu thinking about it

"I don't know probably one of the prettiest girls of the pack" I said

" Like who" she said sliding the menu away from her, she chose fast.

"Maybe it'll be you" I said jokingly with a smirk I watched her face twist with disgust

"Yuck. No thank you I like girls" she said making me laugh.

The waiter came back setting the drinks in front of us. We quickly ordered our food well more like Delainey ordered and I made flirty eyes with the waiter. We paid for our food taking the receipt and walking out.

Delainey gasped loudly shoving the receipt in my face. I jumped holding my chest

"Look what he wrote" she said I looked the little number written in a black pen on the back of the recipt.

"YOU GOT A PHONE NUMBER" she yelled getting in the driver's seat

" You know I can read right" I said sarcastically putting the number in my phone

" I'm just excited I don't think I've seen you on a date in months" she said my smile faded slightly for the past few months I've been in love with my bully even though there's no chance for us to be together

" So you're gonna call him right" she said looking over at me

" Hey eyes in the road yes I'll call" I yelled when she was driving I honestly feared for my life.

"Oh don't get your panties in a twist" she said driving us back to the pack house.

...

I sat on my bed staring at the hands on my clock . It was 11:20 pm just 10 minutes until the event began. My heart throbbed in my chest as I thought about it.

Tonight we crown our new King and he will find his mate. This is the moment every vampire dreams for. A mate is important for the survival of our pack someone you'll love forever.

Looking over at the clock once again 2 minutes had gone past. Time was moving a whole lot quicker than I wanted it to. I got off of my bed and grabbed my jacket off of my bathroom door. Taking a deep breath I walked downstairs hearing the silence of the house everyone must've left already.

Quickly I made my way through the forest dodging the trees in my way. If I was late beau would kill me. Then I saw him his fair skin shined in the moonlight and his eyes seemed brighter than usual. I hurried into the crowd finding a spot towards the back.

We all stood around the rock where many ancestors of our pack stood before us and bowed before our soon to be king. The blood moon was high in the sky ready to shine down.

My stomach churned in anticipation as I waited this was something you got to see once in a lifetime.

"It's begun" beau yelled his voice echoing through the forest. All of us looked up watching as the first ray of light shined through the trees making his skin glow.

He turned to his father who stood beside him and watched as he slid the knife acrossed his hand. Beau did the same and put their hands together

"Now my son I pass my power onto you run this pack with pride. protect them and love them, I entrust this power onto you" he said looking up at the moon

Beaus fangs slowly protruded the presence of his power made my knees weak. I could feel it grow from where I was standing. As the last Ray lined up I felt my normally slow heartbeat race. My hands began to sweat and I became dizzy.

My fangs began to grow on their own and I could hear the movement of blood making me extremely hungry. I fell to my knees groaning from the burning pain that surged through me. All eyes were on me gasps filling the air as they watched.

I looked up to see the new king suddenly standing in front of me his eyes red as he sniffed the air. His eyes met mine and the burning sensation made me whimper in pain and that's when I knew beau my bully and our new king was my mate.