chapter one

Today was my 13th birthday but no one had celebrated it since I turned five, not even me. I would usually take 5 to 10 minutes of silence as my celebration but today I took an hour. I would have taken more if not for my roommate waking up.

I got out of bed to get some change clothes, wash my face and brush my teeth. Then I went to my bed. Took out a book and read - I like to read as a hobby - while I wait for them to let us out for breakfast.

Five chapters later they let us out, I headed to the food hall took the food they gave me - I didn't care if it's poisoned or not all I know is that am hungry at the moment and that I don't care if I die. - then went to find a table. I found a spot at the back it looked empty just what am looking for. I got there and sat down, I was about to put the food in my mouth when I noticed that I wasn't alone.

"Hm?" I hummed while I finally took a bite of my breakfast.

"What are you doing?" She said.

I swallowed my food then said "eating".

"Yeah I can see that, but what I meant is why are you at the back? No ever comes to the back. " She said.

"Hmm" I hummed while thinking about it, "I just searched for a table that's open and that's was peaceful there was only this one" I said.

"Ok" She said.

"Ok" I said, then we were back to minding our own business. I liked her, she didn't ask unnecessary questions and because the silence that surrounded us was not the awkward ones but the relaxed and Conformable ones.

***

The table at the back kinda of become ours, I would go there at breakfast, lunch and supper. And sometimes we would talk other time we would just sit there and read and sometimes we would just eat our food only, on rare cases we did all of them. I loved time like the ones that we had. Other than in the food hall we didn't talk much, less see each other.

I got to know as much as anyone in here would give about themselves. Like their names, favorite color things like that, just the surface. Her name is Lory, favorite color is purple, dog person ect...

One day tho she asked a serious question, " why are you in here? "

Like really the girl could ask a question that shouldn't be asked - she's a bit honest sometimes - and I kinda like that about her so am not complaining, but yeah I didn't want to rethink/remember all of that got me here.

" Stuff " I said. It was quite as if she was waiting for me to continue, I didn't.

" Um ok " She said.

"Ok " I said then it was back to the silence. I wanted to ask her too about her life, what got her in here, and I want to talk to her not just the surface talk we have sometimes but real talk.

I know it's Hypritical of me since I didn't want her to know about my past but I guess humans are just like that.