CHAPTER 2.2

I had never travelled in a jeep before. The experience was not as bad as I had thought it would be. The breeze was hitting my face from all directions; it wasn't irritating even though my hair was flying everywhere and would surely be a mess when I try to comb it later. But I did not mind at all. I am enjoying the moment. "So..."Alex spoke in a flirtatious tone.

Correction. Was enjoying the moment. "...you did not tell me anything about you, except your name and your missing friend?"

"There is nothing more to tell because, in reality, I am a really boring person. I am not adventurous, and the only experiments I do are in the science lab. I have no friends, except for the one you already know about." I was happy with my answer because these were all the things he should know about me.

"Wow! That's fast, but you forgot to tell me about your parents?" he smirked again. Damn.

"My parents divorced five years ago, and I stay with my Dad," I replied quickly. I don't like talking to strangers and I suddenly felt like I had made a bad decision to come with him.

"Sorry to hear about that."

"It's totally fine. It does not bother me anymore." I looked away from him, indicating him to stop asking me questions and to shut him up. Ten minutes passed by and the woods now surrounded us completely.

"So... Where are we headed to?" I asked, in a mild tone.

"No where," he replied, without looking at me. He made it seem like it was normal for him to say that.

"What? What does no where mean? We have to find Susan," I said, recovering from his crazy answer. I thought that he was just joking around. I was still looking ahead at the road.

"No, we are not finding her," he said after he suddenly hit the brakes. My body jerked in the outward direction. Thank God I had a hold on the seat or I would have fallen on my face.

"What the hell, Alex!" I said after I got back on my seat.

"Listen, I have no idea where Susie..."

"Susan" I corrected him before he could go any further.

"Yaa whatever her name is... I don't care about her." He sounded as if he was going to confess something. Oh god, this was not the time. Susan could be anywhere and... Wait a minute... if he does not even know where she is, then why am I out here? He was saying something else but I was not listening. All I heard was... "I really like you, maybe even love you."

"Are you crazy? How can you even say that? We just met a few hours ago. And if you did not know where Susan was, then why did you say you knew? Why are you lying to me?" I started to scream at him. I was so pissed off.

"But I like you and that's it. What can I explain further than that?" He was not the only one confused by this conversation.

"You know what, just forget it. Take me back to the party. I don't want to continue this nonsense anymore." I decided that once I go back to the party, I can call for a Uber to take Susan and myself home. And the quicker I get away from this psycho, the better. My only doubt was - will he take me back?

"But..."

"No. Let's go NOW!" I said in a tone much louder than I wanted it to come out. All I wanted now was to go back to the party and away from these woods. I hope he gets scared and takes me back at least.

"I won't. Tonight you are mine." His tone was blunt, which made me even more scared. His eyes stared at me in a creepy way. I could see that he was lifting his arm to touch me but I immediately got down from the jeep; he did the same.