⚜️2⚜️

2 years later (2008)

"Aye Danté!"

"Fuck" Danté closed his eyes and sighed before turning around only to be faced with Vick, the biggest drug dealer in New Orleans East.

"Whatchu doin round here boy? You know this my corna'" Vick looked him up and down

"I'm just waiting on the bus Vick. I just got outta school. I had practice." Danté kept a calm face but on the inside he was trippin'.

"Oh?" Vick chuckled "Thought you was workin' fa that bitch ass nigga Travis. You good then. Stay safe outchea youngin'" he smirked and walked off causing Danté to let out a breath of relief.

Suddenly Danté heard loud shouting from across the street as the bus slowly pulled up.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"Shit!" Danté ducked and quickly hopped on the bus and sat down as the bus driver quickly pulled off from the stop.

"You good boy?" Russel, the bus driver asked

"Yes sir I'm good" Danté let out a deep breath and relaxed in his seat.

"It's getting worse outchea boy. You betta graduate and take yo ass to college or sum, get outta hea'"

Danté nodded, taking in what he said "of course. I'm workin hard I promise."

"Good, ion wanna see you in these evil ass streets son"

"You won't" Danté shook his head

-

"Hey ma" Danté walked into the house and sat his bag down

"Hey baby how was practice?" Tisha looked up from the TV and smiled

"It was cool mama. You cooked?"

"Yeah I got a plate waitin for you in the microwave. C'mere boy lemme get a good look atcha" Tisha stood As Danté walked towards her

"You so handsome baby your daddy would be so proud."

"Aw mama c'mon" Danté hated when she brought his father up. Darrel ended up forcing them to stay and in turn he was killed trying to save some kids up the street from drowning. He got caught on some fencing on his way back to his family and as he tried to get himself a loose a power line fell on him, electrocuting him to death.

It Smelled like burnt flesh for 3 days but Danté, his mother and his grandmother stayed on their roof for 5 days until they were rescued by some random people on a medium sized boat. Danté wanted to leave New Orleans after that but his mother said New Orleans was her home and she couldn't leave.

Tisha smiled sadly as she patted Dante's face gently and moved out the way so he could go get his plate.

"I won't be home until 3 P.M. tomorrow. I gotta go down to the hospital and work a long shift." She spoke up

Danté hadn't realized Tisha's attire until now, Blue scrubs. Tisha and her best friend, Stacy from high school, started workin' at East Jefferson hospital at the same time, only Stacy left with her family in August of '05 and was now living somewhere in Texas.

"Aight. Want me to walk you to the bus stop and wait wit' you?" He stood up.

"Nah baby Ms. Clarice is picking me up" she waved him off and grabbed her purse "see you tomorrow son, love you"

"Love you too mama"

-

"Nah girl you know I'm only fuckin wit you and nobody else." Danté smirked as he held his cell phone to his ear

"Mhm okay Danté I'll be ova in 5 minutes. Don't be havin me waiting outside too long you know it's hood as hell whea' you stay" Dante's girl for the night responded

Danté smacked his teeth "girl shut up and bring ya ass"

She giggled "ok! ok! I'm comin"

Danté hung up and checked his drawer for the box of condoms he restocked last week. He stood up and walked to his mirror, grabbing his brush to brush his waves. When he was done he slid his durag on and smirked at himself in the mirror.

It was about 10 P.M. and his mother left hours ago. He was bored and his favorite source of entertainment was on her way.

He heard a knock on the front door and took his time opening it.

"Wazzam shawt" he smiled as he looked her up and down.

She smiled and gave him a sultry hug "hey Danté"

"Come in, lemme show you somethin" He nodded towards his room as he watched her walk by.

She giggled and swayed her hips as she walked towards his room. Danté licked his lips and locked the front door, ready for his night of fun.