⚜️5⚜️

March 2009

Who is this?- 2:09 P.M.

Danté stared at his phone, too scared to reply. Sometime in November he had gotten Cali's number from his mother and had yet to use it until now.

It's Danté...- 2:15 P.M.

Stop lying! For real?- 2:15 P.M.

Danté read her message with a smile, he didn't think she'd remember him but he was so relieved that she did. She seemed more excited than what he thought she'd be.

Ya I'm fr! Wazzam Cal Cal- 2:17 P.M.

Omg! I miss you D. These people are so mean you my only tru friend- 
2:18 P.M. 

I miss you too cal. I'm still in N.O. Ma said something to your mama about this summer ion kno what tht mean for real tho - 2:18 P.M.

Hm...weird...I have HW tho I'm gonna text you later tonight. Coo?-2:20 P.M.

Yea - 2:20 P.M.

Danté sat up from his bed and decided to clean his room up.

"Danté!"

He groaned as he heard his mother yell his name. He took his time going towards the kitchen where his mother was stirring the pot of red beans.

"Yes?"

"Watch these beans for me. I gotta go to the sto' and get some pickled meat" she said as she grabbed her purse from the kitchen table "oh and clean the kitchen"

"Dang ma how long you gon' be gone?" Danté groaned

"Boy don't question me. clean this damn kitchen. And It better be clean when I get back!" She yelled as she walked out the door.

Danté smacked his teeth "damn she aggravatin" he mumbled as he turned the heat on the stove down and started on the kitchen.

-

Cali

"Ma, they not this big!" Cali whispered as Stacy handed her bras to try on

"Girl go try on the damn bra and see, if they don't fit they got other sizes"

"This is so embarrassing" Cali mumbled as she quickly walked to the dressing room.

She quickly stripped of her shirt and the too small bra and tried on the first one her mother handed her, a basic black underwire bra.

Cali's eyes widened as she realized they bra fit her perfectly. She was a little weirded out that her mom knew her so well but shrugged it off as she tried on the rest.

"They fit?" Stacy asked outside the door scaring cali

"Y-yeah, they all fit" Cali put her clothes back on.

"Mhm C'mon out here so I can pay for this and go"

Cali handed her mother the bras and continued to avoid looking at anyone, still greatly embarrassed.

"Girl stop all that shy shit, you're a growing woman. This is normal you'll get used to it. No one cares I promise you" Stacy smacked her teeth as she handed the cashier her card.

Cali just rolled her eyes and followed her mother out the store to the car where her dad waited.

"How'd it go?" He teased

"ma, you told him?!" Cali's eyes widened Causing Keith to cackle loudly

Stacy rolled her eyes "girl that's your daddy"

"Ma..."

"It's okay Baby doll, I'm just messin' witchu" Keith smirked as he pulled off causing Cali to sigh and sit back in her seat.

"What you cookin tonight?" Stacy looked over at Keith with a raised brow

"Me? Cook?!" Keith laughed loudly "Mm mm it's your turn tonight"

Stacy groaned "Cmon, I'm tired. Can you fry some chicken?"

Keith sat silent for a bit before nodding "aight but you already know what I want lata" he smirked

Stacy cleared her throat, blushing as she adjusted herself in the seat. "Deal"

Cassie frowned and pulled out her headphones, not wanting to hear her parents talk about "Later".

"Rude Boy" by Rihanna played loudly enough for Cali to enjoy but low enough to where her parents couldn't hear it. She didn't feel like hearing "what you know about it being big enough?"

Eventually they made it home and Cali hopped out the car with her bag of bras and ran upstairs to her room, closing the door behind her. She threw the bag on the bed and pulled out her phone.

Today was so embarrassing...- 5:13 P.M.

Lol what happened?- 5:15 P.M.

...I had to go bra shopping-5:15 P.M.

Lmao damn cali you growing up? That's cute.-5:18 P.M.

That's not funny D. I felt... weird- 5:19 P.M.

There's nothin weird abt it Cal. Just a part of growin into an adult. it'll be nothing special to u same time next year. I do have one question though...-5:22 P.M.

Cali squinted at the phone, wondering what fuck shit Danté was about to ask her.

omg Wht?- 5:23 P.M.

How big are they fr?- 5:25 P.M.

Cali choked, clasping her chest in surprise.

Bye Danté...-5:27 P.M.

Shaking her head, Cali got up from her bed and started getting ready for a shower. Oddly though, Dante's question kept swirling through her mind. Even though the question wasn't very complex, it still made her feel slightly insecure. What if they weren't big enough? Or what if they looked weird?

These thoughts about herself never really ran through her mind like this until now and she felt a little defeated.