Carter's New Job

Third Person POV

It was the beginning of a beautiful morning in ███████████, ███████████. Everyone in the town was waking up. The town was fairly big with a population of around 6,500 people. And almost everyone had a positive attitude towards their life. Almost everyone. And one non-positive person had a bunch of reasons to act negatively. His name was Carter Jones.

Carter's POV

I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock beeping like crazy. I slammed my first on the snooze button and got up from my bed. I walked over to the bathroom, to wake myself up. I turned on the shower, jumped in, cleaned myself with the cold water, and got out in under 5 minutes. I can't afford to pay water bill. I can't afford to pay any of my bills. But that what happens when you lose your job. My job. That's the only thing I couldn't have lost. But I did.

I know that sleeping on the job wasn't a good idea, but with what I was dealing with, I usually cried myself to sleep. The only reason why I cry is because my ex dumped me for someone else. But wait, there's more. A week before my ex dumped me, my parents died in a car crash. That's why I am depressed. I've thought about ending it all, but I can't bring myself to do it. I don't know why, but I just can't.

I shake my bad thoughts away, and look it the bathroom mirror. The only thing I see is my ugly ass face. The only thing that I don't consider ugly is my eyes. They had a unique color. They were yellowish/gold. But why does it matter anymore if no one looks at them. Even if someone looked at my eyes, all they would see is a lifeless body that walks around the town.

A husk of what was once me.

I sat down at the coffee table, which is also my dining table, and read the newspaper, looking for jobs that are hiring. I was just finishing up reading today's newspaper, when a certain job caught my eye.

 I was just finishing up reading today's newspaper, when a certain job caught my eye

"Freddy's is still open," I questioned myself. This town is well known for Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. Mostly for its animatronics, and its history of murders, suicides, and disappearances. Mostly the murders though.

I was just surprised to see that the place was still open. And that they were hiring. The job open was for the Nightshift, from 12AM to 6AM. I'm perfectly able to stay awake for those hours. However, I do tend to get drowsy and start to question what's real and what's fake, normally around 3 AM. I didn't have much to lose at this point, so why not take the job while it's open. I grabbed my phone and rang up the Pizzeria's number.

---Time skip---

I honestly thought that it would've been harder to get the job. Plus, with the easy money I'll earn, I'll be able to pay off some bills. It was currently 9:30 PM, so the place was pretty much closing. The cooks have left, along with Mr. Stevens, who is the owner of this Pizzeria. It was only me, the janitors, and the four animatronics in the Pizzeria. Actually, only three preformed now. The bunny, chicken, and bear. The only reason why I knew there were four animatronics was because of my childhood friend, Foxy.