A Less than Usual Dinner

By the time he was called down for dinner, Katsuki knew exactly what he needed in order to get his hands on the device: to pass a short interview about who he intended to give his Quirk to and why, to have both him and Izuku pass a background check, and, since they were both minors, signatures from their guardians on all of the paperwork, which had to be done before he could get a device. It sounds like a major pain in the ass, he thought, accidentally growling in annoyance. Maybe I-

His thoughts were interrupted by him getting whacked in the back of the head. "What the fuck, old hag?!"

"I go out of my fucking way and make your favorite food after you have a shitty ass day, and you growl about it? Get over here, you fucking shit!"

Katsuki was thrown back and forth as his mother lunged forward and grabbed him, shaking him violently. He glared in annoyance. "Cut it out, you old hag!" He barked. "It has nothing to do with the food, damn it. I was just fucking thinking of something damn annoying!" Small explosions went off in his hands as he slammed them down on the table and stood up.

Mitsuki smirked. "Something annoying? Maybe it's Izuku again?"

"Hell no! Why would I be thinking of that damn— I mean, fucking— Kind of! It's fucking complicated, ok?"

"'Complicated', huh? Like your nonexistent relationship with him despite you liking him for years?"

Katsuki turned beat red. "Fucking— hell no! Why would you even think that?!"

"Because you fucking told me, dumbass."

Katsuki growled in annoyance but slunk back into his seat, arms crossed and a glare on his face. "I don't like him. He's a shitty ass nerd. He's a fucking Quirkless extra. He's damn pitiful."

Mitsuki shrugged and simply replied, "If you say so." She plopped back down at the table and took a bite of her curry. Only the sound of her chewing could be heard at the otherwise silent table.

Katsuki glowered, not appreciating her teasing, but also glad that she had finally shut up. However, now he was hesitant about his plan. If he asked his mother for help, she'd probably never let him hear the end of it about his supposed crush. But then again, she'd probably do that regardless. Fuck it, the boy decided with a shrug. "Hey, old hag. Take me to that Quirk registration place this weekend."

Mitsuki almost choked on her food. "What the fuck? Why the hell do you need me to take you there all of a sudden?"

"I need your help with something," he replied with a shrug, getting up from the table to put his dishes in the sink.

"Fine."