𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔.

The airport was bustling for three in the morning. When Isla said she was going to get the earliest flight, she really meant it. But Pheobe was quite annoyed because she loved her sleep, but she couldn't stay mad at Isla, especially when their eyes set on each other for the first time in a long time. 

Pheobe grinned as the blonde haired woman emerged from the crowd with her bags, her eyes darting around the airport for Pheobe before a grin broke onto her face the moment her eyes caught Pheobe. Isla began running at her, Pheobe preparing for her best friend to barge her. 

"Pheobe!" Isla cheered as she ran before the two hugged, Pheobe stumbled back from the impact but managed to catch herself from falling. Pheobe's heart warmed at her best friend's hug, she missed her so much. 

"I'm glad you're here," Pheobe smiled as the two separated. Isla nodded at her, her eyes softening.

"Anything for you," Isla reminded her. Pheobe grinned before picking up one of the bags Isla had dropped before the two set off for the car park. 

"You brought a lot," Pheobe observed as the two of them walked. Normally when Isla would visit she packed light. This time she had heaps of bags.

"Yeah," Isla sighed, her bubbly personality shutting down for a moment. Pheobe caught wind of that before Isla quickly recovered it. "If we're going shopping I need things to pack it in!" She chuckled, although it sounded forced. Something was up and Isla didn't have intentions of telling her. Pheobe looked ahead to see Wyatt waiting by the doors of the airport, smoking a cigarette. Pheobe also noticed a worked talking to him.

"If I have to tell you again I'll be calling security," The man warned him. Wyatt wasn't even paying the man any attention. "You can't smoke in here."

"Look, my friends are here," Wyatt nodded towards Pheobe and Isla before looking back at the man. "We'll be leaving now."

"Okay but you can't smoke in here, sir," the man insisted again. Wyatt stared at the man, giving him a cold, hateful look.

"And I said I'm leaving, dickhead," Wyatt hissed. Pheobe and Isla joined Wyatt who kindly took more of Isla's bags from her before the three left the building without a word to the man. 

"You going to introduce me to him?" Isla muttered beside her. Pheobe looked at Isla to see her making heart eyes at Wyatt. Pheobe nudged her, getting her attention.

"That's Wyatt," Pheobe introduced. Wyatt walked ahead, leading them to his jeep. "And don't even think about it, don't you have a boyfriend anyway?" Isla fell quiet, her face falling for a moment. Normally Isla was so cheery to talk about Declan. "He's off limits, I don't want you getting involved in club shit."

"Right," Isla nodded. "He's not much of a talker, is he?"

"He's probably just pissed off," Pheobe laughed. Isla nodded, smiling. They arrived at the jeep, Wyatt loaded Isla's luggage in and they all got into the car. "I was thinking you could stay at the clubhouse unless you have something in mind," Pheobe explained.

"I was in a rush so that'll do just fine," Isla smiled. Wyatt was in the front driving them all back to the clubhouse while Pheobe and Isla sat together in the back. "There's a lot I need to tell you, actually." She paused, looking down at her hands that rested in her lap.

"Is everything okay?" Pheobe asked her, noting that Isla had shit on her mind. Isla shook her head honestly.

"I didn't want to tell you because of everything you've got going on," Isla explained. "But I can tell you know there's something off," Pheobe nodded. "Declan and I broke up, and I lost my job," Isla explained, a frown creasing her face.