Chapter 4

Finn woke to a call from his sister. Kriss was in the bed next to him and he sped to the bathroom. "How are you doing?" he asked her, knowing Kriss could hear if she wanted to.

"Just fine. Not dead yet. No ones tried to kill our siblings today so that's good."

"Why the call? Checking up on me?" Finn asked and peeked out of the door. She was still out like a light.

"Yes. And I've heard some stories. Our friends in Mystic Falls say Bonnie heard about a new Heretic. They don't know who this person is but then I remembered you mentioning a vampire with magic." Finn's heart sped up in his ears.

"I have no friends in Mystic Falls. You didn't tell them anything?" he asked aggressively.

"I don't know anything. Do you?"

"I haven't seen her again and I've been here for months," Finn lied and refused to describe what the Heretic looked like.

"Well, I will pass on that message. Are you being safe?" Freya asked him.

"I can't die so as safe as an immortal can be."

"Have you made any friends?"

"None worth writing home about," he lied again.

"Okay. Well take care and call me for once when you're not in need."

"Will do, sister."

"Love you."

"You too," Finn hung up the phone quickly and walked out and into an empty room. He looked around in a panicked state then he heard the wind behind him as Kriss jumped on his back. "I'm not a very playful person unless you haven't noticed." He could hear her smiling while he tried to keep his straight face. Kriss kissed his cheek and jumped down.

"Which sibling was that?" she asked and walked over to the couch and sat down. She was back in her sweatshirt and shorts.

"Freya. My older sister." Finn at down next to her and she casually draped her legs over his. In all fairness, the couch wasn't that big to begin with but Finn thought it might have been too intimate. Although it didn't keep him from touching her.

"She's the only one you ever seem to talk to."

"Yes well, we didn't have a thousand years to hurt each other as I did with my younger siblings." He ran his fingers down her legs back and forth and she stared at him. Quickly her arm reached out and stopped his.

"You must have stopped last night for a reason." Finn wanted to tell her why. And about Sage which was pretty much the only part of his life but he didn't. Kriss noticed the shift and moved her legs quickly.

"Last night was--. I have to go." she used vamp speed to rush away leaving him to think about every part of her.

Finn and Kriss had killed their way through the gangster vamps which just led the nomads and goth covens. Both existed in separate areas of Los Angeles. The goth covens stayed to the hipster areas like Koreatown and Echo Park. Finn found they were actually quite civilized and fans of the Victorian era. In all his catching up, it was one of his favorite times. They only fed on the willing and had consorts. The nomads were difficult to track. Very few stayed in the city and most were older than Finn was expecting.

He met his first nomad walking down the street. It was early evening and Finn was headed to the bar where Kriss worked. The male vampire was shorter than Finn but had an old Hollywood James Dean style. Including the hair and leather jacket. "Here is the big, bad Original." he said with a Jersey accent, "Which one are you?"