Chapter 8

A/N: Please let me know how you're feeling about the story so far.... vote, comment...let a blitch know.... here's another chapter for you. 

K

Kriss didn't understand the need for the setup. It was becoming clear that the Mikaelson's overdid everything. Their blood consort poured them all wine and Kriss couldn't look in anyone's eyes. She kept her gaze fixed on her hand in Finn's. "Why did you try to kill Kriss?" Elijah asked Stefan.

"Don't know if you heard this before but Siphoners are usually slightly disturbed. Then becoming a Heretic only heightens this. They're unstable," Stefan explained.

"I'm unstable, mate," Niklaus said from his place leaning against the bookshelf. Stefan visually agreed and leaned back in his chair. He got to be so calm while they spoke about her life.

"I've been around Kriss. She's not anything you described," Freya said but Kriss was tired of other people defending her existence.

"My whole life I never fit in," Kriss told the table. She looked up and into Bonnie's eyes, "Do you know what it's like to be a witch with no access to magic?" The witch opened her mouth to speak but Kriss wasn't done. "I didn't have a choice when it came to being a Siphoner. My mother was shunned from her coven just for accepting me. When she found out about the Heretics, she fed me vampire blood and killed me on my twenty-fifth birthday. When Finn speaks of Esther it reminds me of her. Willing to do anything for her children to a fault. So you're telling me that I'm unstable and deserve to be killed for what I am? Have you not known any unstable vampires? Have you not met even one stable Heretic?"

"There was only one. Out of seven in existence," Stefan explained.

"Let me guess, they have some type of connection to you?" Finn asked and Stefan cleared his throat.

"What's your point?" It angered Kriss that they didn't fear Finn. He was older, faster, smarter, and stronger than them.

"You are not a god. You don't get to decide who lives and gets another chance and who doesn't," Finn told him.

"Maybe if she moved to Mystic Falls?" Bonnie offered, "We could keep an eye on her."

"That's a no for me," Kriss said, "I'm not going to have Forever 17 and the Witch inspector tell me, a grown-ass woman, where to live." She got more bold with every word.

"I agree. No one polices the Mikaelson's," Finn told them.

"She isn't a Mikaelson. You are barely a Mikaelson, Finn," Stefan said. Kriss could feel Finn getting up in his chair. She put her hand under the table and pushed his thigh down. She gripped him tight and rubbed soothing circles.

"You've said your peace," Elijah said, trying to calm the storm, "We've been warned. However, it has been decided that Krissette is under our protection, which means you may take your leave." Stefan laughed and Krissette wanted to both cry and kill him. There was a possibility that she wasn't living through the night.

"That doesn't work for me."

"That's of no importance to me. You lay one finger on her, Ms. Bennett says one part of an incantation and I start taking out organs," He unbuttoned his cuffs and Finn relaxed in his chair.

"For a brother you kept in a box for a thousand years?" Stefan asked surprised. Elijah scooted back in his chair and stood, buttoning his suit jacket.

"You are correct in reminding me that we have not always treated my brother with respect. It is about time that changed," Elijah walked over to their side of the table and stood in between Kriss and Finn, "Do have a nice trip back to the Falls. Tell Damon I said Hello." They didn't move to leave and Kriss knew she had to be prepared but instead Elijah vamped over to Stefan and took him by the neck, "Now you and Miss Bennett may walk out of here or we can watch what happens when Krissette rescinds an invitation." The witch got up quickly from the table and Kriss was almost tempted to do it anyway. Elijah dropped Stefan and he caught his breath. He walked towards the door and looked back at Kriss one more time before leaving.