The Haven

Harry stretched out his arms, popping his back. He had woken up a few minutes before, thanks to Severus rousing him, Dudley, and Nagini with no explanation. He grabbed his wand on the side table and cast a tempus. Seven o'clock.

Joy.

Harry practically rolled out of bed, catching a glimpse of Dudley, who was sitting up. The poor guy looked like he was about to fall asleep again. Nagini raised her head, blinking blearily.

"Army-Leader..." she complained. "What time issss it?" Harry answered the question. The snake hissed a sigh in response. "It isss too early for whatever Sssevere-Ssstern has planned."

Harry wholeheartedly agreed. He stumbled over to his traveling case, pulling out a pair of black trousers and a white button down shirt. The day before, Severus had told them to pack all of their items in their suitcases. Harry didn't know why. He put those on, and went over to a different part of the case, choosing an emerald cloak to wear. Not that he'd ever say it out loud, but his favorite color was actually green, not red like everyone assumed. It just sounded too... Slytherin to admit. He slid his wand into an inside pocket on the robes.

"Come on, Nagini," Harry said, making Dudley jump a bit in his bed. He quickly got up to get dressed, because no one wanted to incite the wrath of one Severus Snape.

The snake slithered around the still-warm blankets, sighing. "Okay." She was so long, she had to unwrap herself from the sheets and the bed frame before being able to follow Harry out of the room. If someone with malicious intent had come into his room at night and had seen that sight, they would have been terrified out of their minds. The dark lighting put Nagini in high relief, and just seeing a snake that large without recognizing it would be strickening.

"It issss sssstill cold," Nagini complained. Harry had instructed Severus to heat up his quarters more, to prevent the serpent from going into a frozen state again. But, of course, she protested about the chilliness of the dungeons on more than one occasion.

"I would recommend moving around more, but you aren't warm blooded." Harry chuckled while entering the lounge. He could just see the potions master around the corner of the room, at his table. He had a cup of steaming tea in his hands, and was taking small sips out of it with his eyes closed. He was probably meditating.

Harry crossed the room to the fireplace and grabbed floo powder. He threw it into the fireplace, called out "Hogwarts kitchens," and ordered some breakfast. After the fiasco with the house elf named Juggle, he always had ordered food directly from the kitchens instead of calling for one house elf in particular.

Slowly, but surely, his appetite had been returning. Harry couldn't remember the last time he had felt hungry for more than a few bites of any meal. Of course, when he had the chance to eat more, he did, but it always made him feel a bit sick. Now, he could eat more and more food without worrying about throwing up.

Not a minute after he had ordered the food, a tray that had cereal, toast, and milk on it appeared in the fireplace. Somehow, ash never got on the food.

He picked up the tray, and headed over to the dining room table with Nagini. Severus had opened his eyes, and was watching him.

As Harry set down the tray, Dudley came crashing into the room. He was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. He seemed slightly out of place with his Muggle attire, amongst Harry and Severus's robes.

"Morning!" Harry greeted him.

"Morning," Dudley replied, almost breathless.

Harry started to head over to the fireplace again. "Whaddaya want for breakfast today?"