two.

you promised to gift the moon and the stars. you promised an eternity that a mortal would only dream of. you made it seem so easy because you didn't want to seem vulnerable and weak. and they smiled, said 'thank you', not noticing the spark of despair that glinted in your eyes.

they never knew the tears you cry at night to beg the moon and stars from ever leaving the darkest of the night, to cower beneath the hazy scene, you on your knees and not even caring how the wind was ripping, seething underneath each inch of skin and muscle, the cold tearing you limb by limb, because you had to stay. stay for them.

stay for that godforsaken love of yours that you can't ever learn to give up on.

you're losing your touch. numbing and painless but painful in ways you couldn't comprehend and you try to scream, but there was no sound, as if you were suspended in space; like there was no atmosphere and barely any particles left in the air for the vibrations of sound to travel even if it was a short distance, one such as from your throat to your own ears.

put me under, you beg with all your might. eyes watery as you glance up towards the lunar light, you can barely hear the rustling of the wind and leaves and blades of grass intertwining then separating, over and over and over again, until you realize that it was just like you to be this way. pathetic and purposeless without a sense of sanity.

you don't even know what you're sacrificing or what the sacrifice was even for.