five.

floating off the water's edge, is my soul, contaminated and in ruins. my eyes are scavenging across the bare landscape, searching for a shadow, a figure but it renders itself futile, as my voice begins to dry out, the melody ringing from within my chest fading away.

i kind of wished, rich then, that i knew what to do. fingers digging through each grain of sad in search for some sort of hope in gathering all the missing pieces of my mind, like time was running out, even if the seconds and minutes were countless in the eyes of a being made entirely of minerals, aging through each century with new scars and layers clawing in.

when was the last time i opened my eyes to a world full of life and color?

the dreams are repeating themselves now; i'm hopelessly lost, and yet they're the only thing that defines me, keeps me sane, as if i still had the consciousness that brought me the feeling of being alive at all. whether or not i have lungs to breathe with, or senses too feel, it matters not. i'm alive i'm alive i'm alive. so alive.

i've got my share of it.

my tears aren't the only things that are condensed. like a gem inside the earth; as long as i'm trapped and buried within this scorching void, my sounds will never reach, and the light upon skin will forever stay hidden.