Chapter 1

///Your POV///

Another day done working at dock 1 with the guys from Galley-La, Lulu patted me on the back as he and Tilestone walked away into the change room to grab their things to go home.

"Good work today Y/n/n, see ya tomorrow! Bright and early!" Kaku said to me wiping the dirt from his hands onto a rag.

"Oh, yeah see ya Kaku!" I called back waving to the long square nosed guy.

I then looked to my left and saw a white pigeon land on my shoulder.

"Well hi there Hattori, are you being good for Lucci?" I chuckled rubbing my index finger on the top of his head, he cooed then flew off landing a short distance away onto his master's shoulder.

"H-hi Lucci." My face went red at the sight of the very handsome male in front of me, I will admit since he, Kaku, and Kalifa started working here 2 years ago I've had a bit of a crush on the man, I mean can you blame me, the man is drop dead gorgeous.

He kind of just gave me a slight nod then turned and left not giving me a second look, I let out a sad sigh then turned to leave as well. I grabbed my things from my space then headed out dock 1's gate.

I walked for a little bit heading in the direction of an elementary school, then stopped at the little white fence, I waited for the little red haired boy to notice me, smiling while i did so.

One of the children pointed towards me and the little boy turned and smiled brightly his blue eyes lighting up.

"Mommy!" He yelled out happily, running my way and hugging my legs as I opened the fence to get into the school grounds.

"Hi baby, how was school today?" I bent down and hugged him back.

"It was so good! I got to collect and paint leaves for an art project!"

"That's so cool Angel, well, are you ready to leave, I gotta stop at the market and grab so veggies for dinner." I said standing up.

"Yuck!" Angel stuck his tongue out in disgust.

"If you don't eat them you won't grow up to be big and strong like your uncle." I said booping his nose as he slipped his backpack on.

"Yeah! I wanna be just like you and uncle Iceberg when I grow up!" Angel jumped with his fists in the air.

"Alright you, settle down and let's get going." I said as I took my sons hand and began to walk down the road getting onto my Bull, that my son named Moo-Moos when he was two, that I had parked near the school this morning.

"Okay, now you hold on tight, I don't need you falling into the water... again. Paulie isn't here to fish you out." I said my face dropping as I recalled that terrible day.

***Flashback***

"Moo-Moos, slow down just a bit we're getting off at the next stall." I said to the blue Bull, he made a sound in acknowledgement then began to slow down, but it was a too sudden of a movement and it jostled me and Angel around so much that Angel's tiny light body and mine were thrown out of the saddle, I was thrown onto the pavement, but my three year old was thrown into the water.

"Angel!"

"Momma!

We both yelled out scared. I couldn't jump in 'cause I didn't know how to swim, but I was so lucky when I saw Paulie running my way. He was standing on the bridge when he saw what had happened and quickly rushed to action, he whipped off his jacket and dived right in grabbing Angel. Paulie dragged Angel up onto the street and began to do chest compressions, that whole moment was a blur to me, but Paulie says I was hysterical the whole time, and he didn't blame me one bit, my child's life was on the line, my own flesh and blood that I created and carried with me for nine months, the only thing I had left of his father, who had left me out of nowhere.