Have faith in her and she'll have faith in you

Hope county, December 2009

In hope county it wasn't rare to get rain, but getting snow in any place other than the whitetail mountains, now that is a little rare. It isn't a bad thing, it just makes driving unfortunately a bit more difficult.

You and Rachel have grown closer, slightly. The relationship between you two went from "strangers who would never talk to each other" to " good friends but not best of friends" so progress. You and Tracy however acknowledge each other's existence but not much after that.

"Hey Rachel." You said as she walked into class. She looked sad but quickly smiled when she saw you. This caused you to drop your smile slightly. You know that something is wrong but can't quite place it, so you let it go for now.

"Hello (Y/N), quite the storm outside." She said shivering slightly. It's then you notice she's only wearing a hoodie. In 20° weather. While it's snowing.

"Rachel, here wear my jacket to warm up." You said taking off your jacket.

"I can't accept it, I don't want you to get cold." She said adamantly refusing.

"I can't in good conscience leave you cold Rachel." You said pushing it into her hands leaving no room for argument.

With a sigh, she begrudgingly accepts the Jacket "Alright, thank you (Y/N)." She said, As she puts it on you notice a small purple mark on her arm"Just say if you want it back."

"Ok." You say unsure of your voice. You want to say something. Though you haven't known her for too long compared to Tracy, you care about her. She's smart, beautiful, and from what Tracy has told you, someone who has a bright future as a botanist. "Hey, Rachel." You said finally finding your voice.

"Yes (Y/N)" Rachel said as she got comfortable in her seat. Seeing her in your hoodie, her hair done up into a loose ponytail, and finally her eyes, those brilliant blue eyes that remind you of sapphires.

"I want to know, if it doesn't make you uncomfortable, how di..." you were about to ask her about her bruises but the teacher walks in and interrupts you.

"Alright class, head to the gym for a pep rally." He says as he takes attendance of everyone.

"Ok sir." The class said as they piled out into the hall.

"What did you want to say (Y/N)." She said as she got her bag. As you reach down, you can see a bruise on her forearm.

"I wanted to know whe..." you began again once again before you were interrupted by the teacher. Again.

"(L/N), Jessop. Hurry up and head to the gym." The teacher said by the door waiting for you two.

"Ok sir." You both say as both of you walk to the door. You begin to get frustrated by being interrupted.

"Rachel, you mind meeting me by the front entrance after the rally." You said knowing your luck, you'd be interrupted again.

"Sure." She said with a smile. God, what you wouldn't do to make her smile forever.

*One boring pep rally later*

You were waiting inside the front lobby. Pacing back and forth, your anxiety climbing as you began to worry about her. You trust she can care for herself, but you still worry nonetheless.

"(Y/N)" you heard someone yell, it was Rachel. As she finally makes it over to you, you swallow your nervousness.

"Hey Rach." You say. It's now or never. "Are your parents picking you up or do you drive?" You ask as you walk to the gate.

She stops mid step, you see that she's struggling on how to answer, but before you can apologize, she answers "I... I have butler" she said, trailing off on the last word barely making out the word.

"Well that's neat, when are they going to be here." You ask trying to push through the fuck up you committed.

"He can't make it today, I'm going to ride the bus." She said as she tried to calm her breathing. You know you have to make this right.

"Rachel, I can give you a ride if you want." You know this will either remend or break your relationship.

"Sure." She said semi chipper. There's that smile you're looking for.

You both get into your car and drive to her address. As you get close you notice she's getting more and more nervous.

Finally pulling up to her drive you notice how big her house, no mansion is.

Pulling up the drive you arrive by the door. Knowing you'll have to ask her some other day, you put the car into reverse. At least, you were before you noticed she's just sitting on the doorstep.

"Aren't you going in?" You asked, confused. You then realised that at no point during the drive, she pulled out a key. "Rach, can you get in?" You asked concerned.

"No, I mean yes but I don't have a key nor is there a spare. The only people who have them are my parents and the staff." She said shivering slightly.

"Hop in." You said, stepping out to pull her to the passenger side door.

"(Y/N) stop please." She said trying to hold back tears. Not hearing her, whether it was due to not hearing her or just ignoring her, the next thing she said made you stop and boiled your blood. "Daddy please stop." With that, you let go of her hand and she falls to the ground.

You turn to her and kneel next to her and ask one of the most serious questions you ever had to say. "Rachel, are your parents abusing you." You said with no emotion on your face." The look of fear when you asked answered it.

"Rachel, let's head to the police." You said as kindly as you can muster. She doesn't say anything but just stands up and gets into your car.

*Final Timeskip*

Hope county, January 2010.

After you and Rachel went to the police, her parents were arrested for both child abuse and neglect. The attorney your family hired got the court to transfer all property over to Rachel. Not wanting to live in a mansion alone she either spends the night at your's or Tracy's house.

You and Rachel were watching movies on the sofa when you felt a weight on your shoulder. You see that Rachel fell asleep and was resting on your shoulder. You smile and let her sleep, but not before realizing that over the course of winter break, Rachel was never without your jacket.
Giving a small chuckle, you decided then and there to let her keep it.

Hello Delta here, I want to let everyone know that this story is going to span from now to the end of Far cry 5. So it is going to not only be a Romance but an actual story. I'm sorry if y'all don't like that but it is how this is going to work. As always, feel free to comment and have a nice day everyone.