Regrowth through love

*Hope County, May 2010*

You wake up after the events of the previous day, determined to be there for Rachel. Quickly showering and getting dressed, You hop into your truck to pick up the flower you bought for Rach. Dialing the greenery's phone number, you hear the voice of the clerk from yesterday pick up. "Hello, this is the Fall's end greenery. How may I help you." "Hello, this is (Y/N) (L/N). I'm on my way to pick up the lily I got yesterday." "Ok, I'll have it ready for you." " Ok, have a nice day.". With that done, you begin to head to the Greenery itself.

*Time skip to the Greenery*

Finally pulling up to the greenery, you head in and see the clerk with the lily. "Hello, it's nice to see you." She said with her ever present smile. "Hello, it's great to see you again." "Hi, thank you for holding the flower." "No problem, well it has been repotted and is ready for you to give it to your 'Friend'." She said with a Cheshire grin. "Ok, thanks." You said trying to hide your blush. Grabbing the plant and waving goodbye, you get into your truck and begin the drive to the hospital.

*Time skip*

Pulling into the hospital parking lot, you shut off the motor and think for a sec: 'Does she even want to see me, I don't know what to say or what to do.' You though as you got out.  You grabbed the flower and walked into the hospital. Heading to the reception desk, you felt nervous. You see the receptionist typing on a computer. "Welcome to the Hope county memorial Hospital" She said without looking at you. "Hello, I'm here for Rachel Jessop." You said, steadying yourself. "Ok, she's on the 2nd floor, room 200." She said as she continued typing.

Heading to the elevator, you try to steel your nerves. Hoping in and going to the second floor, you feel your stomach doing flips. 'I hope she likes it.' Is all you can think before the doors open. As you exit the elevator you see a man getting in as uou leave. You don't see his face but you can't help but feel a chill running down your spine. You walk a little faster, not liking being near him.

Walking down the hall till you see room 200, you're hesitant before you come to a conclusion: "I have to do this. Rach needs me to be there for her." You mutter to yourself. 

Knocking on the door, you wait until you hear a faint "come in" from Rachel. You walk in and see Rach staring off into space, when she sees you her eyes focus. "Hey (Y/N), nice to see you." She says without meeting your eyes. " Hey Rachel, I got you something. I know how much you love flowers." You said softly. That did the trick, she looks at you with a spark in her eyes. " Thank you." She said. You smile at this. You walk over to her and you put the flower on the stand next to her bed. Walking around you see Rachel stare at the lily with wonder. 'Cute' is the best way you can describe it. You sit down in a chair next to her. 'It's do or die time.' You thought as you hesitantly grabbed her hand. "Hey Rachel." You said psyching yourself up. "Yes (Y/N)." She said as she looked at you. "Rach, you know I care about you right." You said as you rubbed her hand. "Yeah, I know and I... I..." she said trying to find the right words. "Rach, you know that you have to do rehabilitation right." You said trying to calm her. "Yeah." She said, mumbling. " I'm going to be there for you. No matter what." You said hugging her. You feel her bury her face in your chest and feel your shirt begin to dampen. "Thank you, thank you, thank you..." she says repeatedly till she eventually falls asleep. Smiling, you lay her back down and cover her up. As you get up to leave, Rachel holds on. Giving a small smile, you stayed and ran your fingers through her hair. While you do this you notice her smiling..

*time skip- 1 hour*

You were reading on your phone while you held Rachel's hand." *yawn* What, where am I." Rachel said, still waking up. " You're at the hospital, you were asleep for about an hour." You said with a small smile. "Oh, (Y/N)." She said, seemingly remembering something. " I need to tell you something." " I need to tell you something too." You said, trying to not lose it. "Ok, let's say it at the same time." She said to avoid an argument of who goes first.

"Ok, on 3" you said, coming up with an idea. "Ok" she agreed. "1,2,3" you say together, "I like you!" You both say with a blush. " Wait, what?" You both said confused. "I like you Rachel. Ever since we sent you bastard parents to prison." You said, hoping that she said something. " I.. I started to like you as soon as you stood up for me when we met." She said, bashfully playing with her hair. Deciding that you need to take a leap of faith. You came to a decision. "I would like to ask you something Rachel." You said, not knowing where this bravery is coming from. "Sure,
." she said still avoid meeting your eyes. Gently cupping her chin, you tilt it up. " Rachel Jessop, would you be my girlfriend." You said. She looks at you with emotions flashing through her eyes: Happiness, Doubt,  admiration, and something that confused you, Hope. "Yes, yes I will (Y/N)." She says hugging you tightly. You return the hug, taking in the warmth from her. "Hey (Y/N)." She said getting your attention. " Yes love." You replied not breaking the hug. "Can... can we kiss?" She asked barely above a whisper. "Sure." You replied. You both break the hug and begin to close the gap. When you meet her, it feels as if fireworks are going off. You break off the kiss, taking a breath. " Hey Rach." You said looking into her eyes. "Yes my love" she said with pure joy. " Meeting you was the best thing to happen to me." You said without a bit of hesitation. " And you were the best thing for me." She said bringing you back into a hug. You both sit there, hugging like the moment you let the other go, they would disappear. "*cough* So, either one of you wants to explain when you got together." A new voice said. You break apart to see who it is, it's Tracy with the biggest grin you've seen on her. " umm, just now." You said with Rachel burying  her head into your neck.

Hey, so sorry about it coming out this late. I wanted it to be earlier, but between me trying to fix a broken sleep schedule and me trying to get this chapter right, I had to release it late. So again, sorry. I'll be working on the next chapter when I can, I'll get it out as soon as possible.